Home Quicken for Mac Reports (Mac)

Tax Summary Report Not Updating Properly

Today I ran the Tax Summary report to do my taxes and noticed what I think is a bug.

Under the Schedule B section, I noticed that I had entered a dividend incorrectly, attributing it to the wrong security. So I double clicked the entry in the report to bring up the ledger, and changed the security to the correct one. I expected the report to update automatically, but it didn't. I actually had to quit Quicken and restart it, rerunning the Tax Schedule report, to see it updated to include the correct security for the dividend. I thought that reports were always supposed to auto-update when the underlying data is updated. Aren't they supposed to?
Tagged:

Comments

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Scott Schmidt,

I tried to replicate the issue you described and my result was that the Tax Summary report did automatically update - contrary to your experience.  However I am running Quicken on Windows, and there are obvious differences between It and the Mac environment. 

If you were in a Windows environment, I would probably suggest doing a validate and repair routine (after being sure to backup first) but i am not familiar with the equivalent process in Mac.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.23 - Build 27.1.26.23  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Scott Schmidt,

I tried to replicate the issue you described and my result was that the Tax Summary report did automatically update - contrary to your experience. 

I am a Quicken Windows user, so I can't really say whether this is a bug or not (since you were able to see an updated report - albeit after rebooting).  So, depending on how significant this issue is to you, you could consider the guidance located here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7598662/quicken-mac-faq-troubleshooting-data-file-problems-corruption-mac-in-qm2007-and-earlier

However please note that this guidance is stale dated and may not work for your version.  And whatever you do - please be sure to backup your Quicken data file(s) before doing any troubleshooting.

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.23 - Build 27.1.26.23  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -