Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Validate file shows 1 or 2 scheduled transactions corrected every day I do a Validate File

I have had many issues in the past with corrupt transactions that when I tried to fix them manually, I found that reconciled transactions had been updated accidentally. Therefore, for well over a year, I have followed the habit of One-Step Update, categorize, etc., then File-Operations - Validate and Repair before I run a backup. I used to always run "Super Validate" but I don't know that it is any different now. Anyway, I constantly get 1, 2, or 3 scheduled transactions corrected (such as copied from the log below). Scheduled bills and transactions are also something that has been problematic in the past so I would really like to see WHAT is being corrected. If there is an error, include more logging on what was found and fixed. I can read xml, json, etc. so that isn't a problem.
[Sun Feb 23 13:49:02 2020]
1 scheduled transactions corrected
Validation has completed.
7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• [email protected],

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist with this. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• JustMeHereJustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Natalie I believe this is more of an "idea/suggestion" than a request for help.

"Scheduled bills and transactions are also something that has been problematic in the past so I would really like to see WHAT is being corrected. If there is an error, include more logging on what was found and fixed. I can read xml, json, etc. so that isn't a problem."

Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 25
    Hello @JustMeHere,

Thank you for pointing out the suggestion portion of this post.

I have gone ahead and turned this discussion into an Idea thread so that other users are able to vote on it.

@RichMD, please be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:
    Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Validate log shows:
    [Sun Feb 23 13:49:02 2020]
    1 scheduled transactions corrected
    Validation has completed.
    Let's just simply say that I concur with this idea / suggestion.
    The programmers really need to review the Validate process and
    1. figure out why said scheduled transaction was not corrected, if the same error message recurs when one runs Validate again.
    2. display a line of text with information about the scheduled transaction (payee name, next due date, memo, amount)

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To hopefully get rid of the damaged reminder please perform all the steps in Step (2) of this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems
  • RichMDRichMD Member ✭✭
    I just went through Step 2 - copied the file and used the copied file when it finished. I ran validate file and there were no errors. I then ran the super validate and got one message "Reset migration status for online bill". What does that mean?