Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Quicken taking too much time to open (And also one step update).

Long time Quicken user. For the last couple of days, Quicken taking a lot more time to open and also to do the one-step update. Win10 and Quicken Subscription. Latest version R 25.10 installed. File validated. Any suggestions?

Comments

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @akaisth,

This problem is (in my opinion) connected with the significant issues that many Q users were experiencing in not being able to use One Step Update (OSU) a few weeks ago - see this message thread for more information: 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7865178/resolved-01-21-20-quicken-windows-users-reporting-issues-w-one-step-update#latest

Personally, I had the problems described in the thread at the time, and the patch provided by Quicken programmers fixed OSU for me, but also have caused my OSU process to take about 4 times the amount of time it used to take, to open up and do a download/update. 

While I would like to see that process work faster, I am content to deal with a process that takes longer, but actually works than what we had before the patch.

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R28.24 - Build 27.1.28.24  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• akaisthakaisth Member
    This morning Quicken opening and OSU times seem back to normal. I did restart my computer last night, but am not entirely sure that was what resolved it, as I had done that (and validated/repaired the data file) before posting the question. Thanks.
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi "@akaisth"

I think that you will find that the timing may vary, possible depending on how frequently you update and how many download transactions there may be at the time. 

As I noted above, my experience has been that, since the patch, it now takes longer to download, but at least the downloads complete without errors, etc.

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R28.24 - Build 27.1.28.24  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
This discussion has been closed.