Register Status icon inconsistent after .qfx download - Quicken Canada R22.15 Build 27.1.22.15

mpfc75
mpfc75 Member ✭✭
I typically enter purchases into my bank or credit card register as I make them and later download a .qfx file from my financial institutions (every day or so). Normally, the transaction status icon in the register changes from an 'orange pencil' when entered to a 'blue pencil' after the download and match. As you know the blue pencil shows that a downloaded transaction has been matched to a manually entered transaction. That triggers me to discard the receipt from the transaction that I keep until the download and amounts matched up.

I recently updated to R22.15 after staying on an older build for a while. Since the update I have encountered instances where after a .qfx download the 'orange pencil' has been removed (no 'blue pencil' appears) and the transaction shows as Cleared. This makes matching my receipts to my register a bit more difficult.

According to the Quicken Help system the 'blue pencil' is supposed to indicate "A transaction is a "New Match" after it has been compared to, and accepted as a match to a downloaded transaction or a manually entered transaction. This transaction has not been reconciled."

Comments

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I haven't seen this behavior on the US side, but I also don't match a whole lot of transactions since I don't manually enter anything except for some scheduled payments.

One suggestion I have is reporting it as a bug from the Help menu.

Also just so you know if you expand the Status column (the one with the pencil icons in it), you will get the text like "New" and "New Match" besides the icon.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • mpfc75
    mpfc75 Member ✭✭
    JustMeHear - Thanks. I'm familiar with how the status column is supposed to work. As I explained, when I enter the transaction I have an 'Orange Pencil' and after download and match I have a blank status column. You are right, if there is an icon there I can expand the column to see more text (like 'Uncleared' next to the orange pencil) but with the issue I'm asking about the column entry is blank.
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well to me what you described was a bug, and that is why I suggested you reporting it.  When you download transactions and they match you should get the blue pencil/New Match.

The Status column shouldn't go to empty until you have either marked it reviewed or reconciled the transaction.  I assume you don't have automatic reconcile turned on, right?
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • mpfc75
    mpfc75 Member ✭✭
    No I don't have auto reconcile on.

I agree with you JustMeHere. I think it is a bug too. I have reported it through the Quicken software. I thought perhaps others may have encountered the problem and had a work around or it may go up in priority with Quicken if multiple users note the issue.
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is always a good idea to post here like you did, for the reasons you stated.  Sorry I can't help more.  Maybe someone else will come along with something more to offer.
This discussion has been closed.