Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why are only some of my transactions downloading from B of A using Web Connect (QFX file)?

Beverly Buswell
Beverly Buswell Member ✭✭
Since I upgraded only some of my transactions are downloading from my B of A account. I have to manually enter them after reviewing everything.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Beverly Buswell

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time there is a current alert for Bank of America.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870520/new-2-27-bank-of-america-returns-ol-220-a-301-a-362-a-393-a-297-a-errors

Have you seen any error messages recently when attempting to update accounts, or are you still just experiencing the missing transactions?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I don't get any error messages when updating - just the missing transactions, which is why it is so odd. I have to carefully check to figure out which transactions are missing, then I have to manually add them.

I only upgraded a couple of weeks ago (after the alert that 2017 would no longer accept downloads and was forced to upgrade) so I have been afraid to try downloading any other bank or credit card accounts.

Thanks for responding!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Beverly Buswell

Thank you for the response and for confirming the issue that you are having.

If this is a recurring situation, where at least one posted transaction is missing from multiple/subsequent downloads, and the missing transaction(s) cannot be found in the OFX Log and the account is connected using Quicken Connect this may be able to be escalated through Quicken Support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

To verify that the account is connected via Quicken Connect, select the account in question and navigate to settings in the bottom right-hand corner.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ok, one thing was different when I checked that - it was showing Hide all occurrences. Maybe that's what the issue was? I've unchecked that now and have checked the one in your sample, so maybe it will work next time I download transactions.
  • Brendan
    Brendan Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    That box that you're talking about doesn't control downloads. That's for scheduled transactions. You'll see them greyed out but listed for the future dates. For example, if you have your mobile phone bill or cable bill scheduled. and it is due in 14 days, but you're only showing 7, it would be hidden. But if you're showing 30 days it would be visible but greyed out.

What connection type are you using for BOA?
  • I am not actually connecting via Quicken. When I'm logged in to my B of A account I use the download function on their site. I then double click the download and it populates Quicken for me. This is the way I've been doing it for years as I could never prevent the prior Quicken version from trying to update every single account I had, rather than just one account, so I would rather do it this way.

I did a download this morning and of the 6 transactions showing online, it downloaded 3 of them.