Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Product Enhancements (Mac)

Sub-totals in Reports (Q Mac)

ninazninaz Member ✭✭
This can't be a new idea, but I don't see anywhere else to vote for it. The old Summary by Category report allowed for sub-totaling using tags. This is necessary when you have the same category but need sub-totals by account. A good example is several bank accounts that give interest. You would want a sub-total by account, listed under Income: Interest. A work around is to change the interest name by account, Interest, Int Income, Interest earned. However, that is not possible with investment accounts because the category is not changeable in investments and the type only allows you to select the name. The new reports don't have a way to sub-total.
Tagged:
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• ninazninaz Member ✭✭
    @smayer97 @quicken Marcus Here is what it looks like. using the old Category summary. The account sub-totals are created with tags. I also realized since I wrote the above request, that you can change the category in the investments by adding a tag.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are missing attachments.
  • ninazninaz Member ✭✭
    Ok I will try attaching this again. When I do this it shows up underneath the text box in a box that says inserted. I don't see the image in the webpage. Am I doing something wrong?
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The attachment is there now :)
  • ninazninaz Member ✭✭
    Good. I sent Marcus some additional screenshots.