Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

MAJOR BUG with recurring bills — can't edit dollar amount!

There is a MAJOR BUG with recurring bills — you can't edit the dollar amount of upcoming recurring bills!

You can see this problem for yourself in this video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7qy0f8nfaj5udo/quicken_bug.mov?dl=0

Comments

• Scott RoseScott Rose Member ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like this is an intermittent bug.

I've tried this with some other recurring bills, and sometimes the dollar amount updates, and sometimes it doesn't update. There is no rhyme or reason to this.

If you keep going into the exact same bill to edit its dollar amount over & over again, you are likely to see this bug crop up.

ALSO: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BUG IS MOST LIKELY TO OCCUR IF YOU START BY "EDITING ALL INSTANCES" FROM THE ACCOUNT REGISTER ITSELF, instead of the "Bills & Income" section. Go into your account register, look for an upcoming bill that hasn't yet been marked as paid, double-click into one of the fields, and then click on the little pop-up menu that says "Edit All Instances...". This bug crops up there often.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited February 27
    Hello @Scott Rose

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I am seeing something similar, it would appear that updating the dollar amount for a scheduled transaction does not update the amount for the current instance.

I have gone ahead a reported this issue, thank you for bringing this to the Community!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Scott RoseScott Rose Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seeing something similar, it would appear that updating the dollar amount for a scheduled transaction does not update the amount for the current instance.
    Me too.

Today I went to update a scheduled transaction that pays my credit card bill on March 24th.

In the register, I selected the scheduled transaction and then in the context menu > Edit Schedule > Details. I changed the amount, and also changed the Memo to read "Feb actual".

I clicked the Save button, at which point the scheduled transaction in the register showed the updated Memo field, but not the new amount.

Going back thru the Edit Schedule route, I confirmed that the updated amount was correctly entered in the Transaction Details form. 

I have seen this before. But it seems this does not always happen.

Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
This discussion has been closed.