Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken 2000 doesn't open a file after rename it.

Hello everyone,

I have a problem opening a file on Quicken 2000. After a renamed the it I haven't been able to open it on local storage ( C: ). However if I save the file in a USB Driver it opens normally. I have Windows 10 64bits. I reinstall the software, I changed folder and so on. Anything that I have done haven't worked. I am desperate to solve this problem, I hope someone could help me out.

Best regards.
Victor

Best Answer

Answers

• vitor_cs
    vitor_cs Member ✭✭
    I got 2 messages.

1º Can't open file
    2º Unable to open selected file
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rename the file to 8 digits or less and no spaces. As odd as it seems, even today Quicken does not conform to Windows 7,8,10 naming convention. I would suggest QDATA, which is the default and will ALWAYS work.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, with QW2000 there are a set of files managed under one name. If renaming and moving using Quicken you should be ok. If renaming and moving using Windows you need to get all the files. .QDF .QPH .QTX etc. I don’t recall all the extensions off the top. 
  • vitor_cs
    vitor_cs Member ✭✭
    > @q_lurker said:
    > Also, with QW2000 there are a set of files managed under one name. If renaming and moving using Quicken you should be ok. If renaming and moving using Windows you need to get all the files. .QDF .QPH .QTX etc. I don’t recall all the extensions off the top. 

Yep, I have renamed those 3 files and it doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
This discussion has been closed.