Duplicate Deposits On Bank Update (Q Mac)

zwheeloc
zwheeloc Member ✭✭
I am getting duplicate deposits when I update from my bank. No other transactions are duplicated. The Payee is slightly different for each. One would have "WIRE XFER Incoming Wire Transfer" and the other would have "DDA CREDIT Incoming Wire Transfer". What would cause this? The bank? I am using Citizens Bank of New England. I am on the latest version of Quicken.

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi "@zwheeloc",

Can you provide some additional information/background on this matter - e.g. :

• Are these normal recurring deposits that you have been receiving, or are they "clear out of the blue" deposits that you've never seen before?
    • Are the amounts small or are they significant?  Sometimes when setting up bank transfer applications, entities use very small deposits (usually less than $5.00 and often times only cents (like $0.50 ) to verify accounts.
    • Have you ever received either "WIRE XFER" or "DDA CREDIT" in the past so that you can determine who may have made them?
    • If you recognize them (e.g.- you regularly receive a weekly payroll direct deposit) - is there a chance that someone may have simply duplicated the normal payment?  If so - you need to contact the payor.
    Get back to me and we'll see if we can help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• zwheeloc
    zwheeloc Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding. These are expected transfers from one bank to another and are significant amounts (10K - 300K+). When I connect to the bank, I only see one deposit, but when I choose Update All Accounts, I get two deposits with the payees listed above. I looked to see if I had any quicken rules or renaming rules, but there are none.

Quicken Starter 2020
    Version 5.14.3 (Build 514.31897.100)
    macOS 10.15.3
    MacBook Pro 16" 2019
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - can you check the FTID's of the two deposits?  That may reveal whether they are the same transaction.  If they are not currently showing in your register for this bank account, you'll need to adjust your register columns to see download reference and download ID.

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• zwheeloc
    zwheeloc Member ✭✭
    They do differ:
    xxxxxxxxxxx202002250090000
    xxxxxxxxxxx202002250000001
  • zwheeloc
    zwheeloc Member ✭✭
    Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.