Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

How do I change online Check Number sequence?

I am using numbers 9000-9999 for personal hand written checks. My automatic check number (8883) for online payments is approaching 9000. How do I increase my check number sequence to 10000 before the ranges collide?

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am using numbers 9000-9999 for personal hand written checks. My automatic check number (8883) for online payments is approaching 9000. How do I increase my check number sequence to 10000 before the ranges collide?

This automatic check number is downloaded from your bank?
    I don't think you can change it, but maybe your bank can do, if you ask them.
    The only other solution would be to change your hand written checks to a different number range, below or well above the range of automatic check numbers.
  • Richard174Richard174 Member ✭✭
    I've already used 9000 to 9288 and my online number is around 8883 and advancing. In about 2 months the numbers will collide. I guess I will have to ask my bank if no one has any other ideas. I guess I should increase the online check number to 15000 so I don't need to increase it again in the near future.
    I appreciate your efforts to assist me very much. I understand that you had to bend the rules in an effort to assist me with my request and I am very grateful for that. However, I had made the request to have the online sequence start with 15,000 and you changed it to 5,000 where it is colliding with my original online sequence. Can you please change the online sequence to 15,000 as I requested and this matter will be dead and I won't ever ask for any additional support on this issue.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate your efforts to assist me very much. I understand that you had to bend the rules in an effort to assist me with my request and I am very grateful for that. However, I had made the request to have the online sequence start with 15,000 and you changed it to 5,000 where it is colliding with my original online sequence. Can you please change the online sequence to 15,000 as I requested and this matter will be dead and I won't ever ask for any additional support on this issue.
    And who, may I ask, were you talking to when you made this request?
    Nobody here in the Quicken Community can make this change. And, unless proven otherwise, I very much doubt that anyone at Quicken Support can do this either.

I don't have the name of the person who helped me. They tried to change it twice, but both times, it reset to 5,000 instead of 15,000. I was not getting any help until I mentioned I usually have between $30K and $40K in my combined accounts. Then someone changed it, but it reset to 5,000 which is re-using my original sequence. When I mentioned what happen they reset it again, but it reset to 5,000 again. It may have been Wells Fargo that helped me and not Quicken personnel. I'll look into it.