Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quick Pay / Check pay, new with Q 2020 Windows R 25.10

I upgraded to Premium in October for the Bill Pay Feature. That didn't work out. Bill Pay would not work with my bank. I was going to down grade on the next renewal. This month (Feb 20) Quicken upgraded to Quick Pay and Check pay. I worry about new things. This is what I did.

I setup Quick Pay and Check Pay. Quick pay was automatic since I was already receiving new balances for some of my billing in the Bills and Income Section. With Check pay Quicken did the micro deposits to my bank account to verify whatever. Verification was complete within 2 days. Then:
1. I wrote a small check to a charity using check pay. The first day the status was 'processing'. The second day the the status was 'check delivered to USPS'. The check has not cleared yet.

2. Then I paid a small credit card balance using Quick Pay. (I chose a small amount in case something went wrong). Within 2 hours I got an email from the credit card company saying that they had received my payment. The charge hit my bank account the next day.

3. Today I paid my cellphone bill using Quick pay. Within 20 minutes I got a message from my cell provider saying that they received my payment.

So far, so good. I assume the manual check will clear. I know that at least 2 of my monthly bills work okay. With my monthly fixed amounts I use my banks automatic bill pay feature. That is basically set it and forget it.

I think that with Quick Pay, Quicken is using the biller's website which has a pay your bill feature. I never left Quicken to pay these bills.

With the old Bill Pay it took weeks before I was notified that they did not work with my bank. I used support twice. The first time it took weeks to respond. The second time it took days.

[Edit title to make it a little more eye-catchy, 2/28/20, UKR]

Comments

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great feedback, it is nice to hear how this new system works.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • Steve1939
    Steve1939 Member ✭✭
    The BIG problem with Quickpay/Checkpay is that you cannot schedule payments for a later date, like you can with Billpay. Supposedly they are "working on" this feature.
  • James118
    James118 Windows Beta Beta
    In addition to the inability to schedule payments, they are limiting users to 12 payments. This are going to force me to make payments through my bank, at which point I'll no longer need Quicken.
    Many of the SuperUsers on Quicken.com are bullies!
  • DLSieving
    DLSieving Member ✭✭
    I've enabled my account for Quick Pay and see that Check Pay is optional. What are the benefits of enabling Check Pay?
  • DLSieving
    DLSieving Member ✭✭
    Never mind, I found it:

- "Quick Pay: Send electronic payments to billers (payees) who have online accounts accessible by Quicken. This includes over 11,000 billers.

- Check Pay: Send a check to anyone in the United States with an address. The check is sent through a Quicken service.Mar 13, 2020"
  • Yes but how do you enable it? I too have enabled BIll Manager but, the "enable check pay" is grayed out in my reminder.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Ken Derrenbacker

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

Please take a moment to review the information available here in a previous discussion.

As this thread is older and there are more current posts on the topic, this post will be closed.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.