Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How many people can share a single subscription?

If I purchase a subscription and create an account, can I share it with someone? Say a family member starts to have his/her own banking accounts and credit card. Each of us will keep separate Quicken file locally and don't upload data to the online account.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    As many people as you want.  Do keep mind though that since each data file will have to be signed into the same account, they will all have have to the same Quicken Id and password just to create/use the data file on the Desktop.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • How many computers can I install it on (each has a laptop)? Thanks
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    As many as you like.  In the past they would say up to three in the household, but with the subscription they dropped all restrictions, any amount of computers, and they don't have be people in your household.  The catch of course is how many people do you want knowing your Quicken Id and password?
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • Sharing ID and password is not the issue (family here).

Does the online Quicken account have information that's personal? Of course everyone will NOT upload his/her portfolio.
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here is what it looks like:

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    I will throw this out too, this is what the "cloud data account" looks like when no accounts are synced.

If there were one data file with accounts synced the accounts would be on the left and register and reports on the left.  And if there were multiple data files synced they could be selected from a gear/settings icon in the left bar.  Which of course would mean anyone quicken id and password could get access to this information, because that is how you log in here, on a mobile device or the account that manages the subscription above.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I purchase a subscription and create an account, can I share it with someone? Say a family member starts to have his/her own banking accounts and credit card. Each of us will keep separate Quicken file locally and don't upload data to the online account.

Thanks
    Hi @""Howard Hoffman" ,

You have the ability to install Quicken on an unlimited number of devices / computers. This program does not get registered. What gets registered is the Quicken Data File!
    Each Quicken Data File, must be registered to your Quicken User ID and Password, otherwise, it gets registered to their own Quicken User ID and Password containing Download Quicken in their Quicken Account. Or they can use Quicken Ads version, which is free, but used in Manual Mode only.

If you create a New Quicken User ID Account, without having Download Quicken, within it, making it free and only offering Manual Data Entry. This will show ADS.

When you register each Quicken Data File, you must answer, Don't Use Mobile or Sync.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    "and EWC aggregation"

In reality it doesn't apply to EWC aggregation.

There isn't any "user interface" that accesses that data, it is a combination of the data file and your Quicken Id and password that accesses that data.

If you don't sync your account to the "cloud" there isn't anyway a person with another data file can get access to your EWC data, even if they have your Quicken Id and Password.

Note that what the EWC connect server stores and what the "cloud" server stores is quite different.  What's more EWC is on Intuit servers, and I do believe these days the "cloud account/transactions/other info" are on Quicken servers.

Now given the data file that is a different story.  And the last line of defense in that case would be a password on the data file (or using a system to encrypt it outside of Quicken). But in fact any quicken Id would be able to open your data file if it doesn't have a password on it.
This discussion has been closed.