Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

NetSpend Debit Card Account

Following the last upgrade, Quicken does not recognize my NetSpend account.

Comments

• LadewigLadewig Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Reports a CC-601 error and says "We cannot find an account with non-zero balance or with any transaction in the last 12 months. Please check on your FI website and try again." But of course the accounts are all exactly as expected when you logon to the NetSpend sites.
  • Travis JohnsonTravis Johnson Member ✭✭
    Following last upgrade, my ACE Elite Prepaid Debit Card/NetSpend Debit Card account is not recognized by Quicken. I posted this problem under the title of "NetSpend Debit Card" and received only one response and no fixes. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, found a fix?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Travis Johnson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include any error messages you have received as well.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
    For me, the version is the most current: 2020 R25.10 27.1.25.10
    Error message is: We cannot find an account with non-zero balance or with any transaction in the last 12 months. Please check on your FI website and try again.
    I am also using the version: 2020 R25.10 27.1.25.10 and I also get the Error message: We cannot find an account with non-zero balance or with any transaction in the last 12 months. Please check on your FI website and try again.
    It is actually an Ace Elite Debit Card account which Quicken recognizes as a debit card issued by MetaBank. I am able to access my account via the web both on www.acecashexpress.com and www.AceEliteCard.com. Before the last upgrade Quicken accessed the account through www.aceelitecard.com, but now attempts to access the account through www.acecashexpress.com but is unable to login accessing the account using this website.
    I have NetSpend accounts with all five issuers (NetSpend, Ace Elite, Brinks, H-E-B, and Western Union), and all exhibit the same error. When it connects, it brings up the security pin screen that asks where I want it sent, but instead of the dropdown we used to get that listed a number for a text or an email, it's blank, so it never sends a code. I'm assuming it's because it is miscommunicating and is unable to retrieve my pin options. I submitted a request via the in-app option to report a problem with included all of the relevant logs, but I've heard nothing from them. Very frustrating.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, I would recommend reviewing the information and steps available here for this error.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
    As I stated previously: “ But of course the accounts are all exactly as expected when you logon to the NetSpend sites.”

The very first thing I did was logon to the Netspend websites for my accounts, and they are all perfectly fine.

This broke during the last Quicken for Windows upgrade.
    Hello @Ladewig

If the account is still open and has recent transactions, please contact Quicken Support so they may investigate the error further and escalate if necessary.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Quicken Support stated that it was an Ace Elite/Netspend problem and Ace Elite/Netspend stated it was a Quicken problem. So I guess I need to find another debit card or find another budget program.
    Quicken Support stated that it was an Ace Elite/Netspend problem and Ace Elite/Netspend stated it was a Quicken problem. So I guess I need to find another debit card or find another budget program.
    Hello @Travis Johnson

Thank you for contacting Support, although I apologize that the experience was negative.

I reviewed our Master List of Financial Institutions and was able to confirm that Ace Elite Prepaid Debit Card does appear as a currently supported financial institution using the Express Web Connect method.

I then attempted to add an account with Ace Elite in my data file, using fake login credentials, to test the connection and which URL Quicken is logging into when attempting to access your account information.

I received the expected CC-503 (invalid login error) and then reviewed the internal communications, where I can see that Quicken is connecting with the correct URL: www.aceelitecard.com

As a test, please create a new data file in Quicken (File > New Quicken File), name the file anything you would like and go through the registration screens until you reach the "Add Account" window.

In Add Account, please select "Credit Card" as the account type and search for Ace Elite in the financial institution search bar and attempt to add your account for downloads.

Please let us know if the CC-601 error is still received, or if you receive any other error code/message such as a CC-503.  Or, if the account activation is successful and downloads the transaction history.

Thank you,

Sarah
    When I attempt to create a new data file I receive the following error: Sorry. We have encountered an error. (It's not your fault) Quicken is having trouble connecting to Ace Elite Prepaid Debit Card.

I noticed that the web site that Quicken is pointing to when attempting to create my account is Acecashexpress.com and not Aceelite.com. I think that if Quicken was pointing to Aceelite.com, I would be able to connect to my account.
    Hello @Travis Johnson

Thank you for trying and posting back with the updated information.

Please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select 'Report a Problem'.  In the window that opens, please enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line and click the boxes for the following log files. 

Log Files to Select:
    ConnLog.txt
    ConnOLD.txt (if listed)
    OFXLog.txt
    OFXOLD.txt (if listed)
    QCSLog.txt
    SyncLog.txt

When ready, click "Send to Quicken" and post back here to let me know it has been submitted so I can retrieve the report from the system.

I'd like to review the internal communications happening between Quicken and the financial institution.  Most often, more information regarding the root cause of an error or issue is contained with the logs and this information will help us know the correct steps to take to resolve this.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Log files have been submitted.
    Hi @Travis Johnson

Thank you for submitting the requested documentation.  I have received the report and reviewed the attached logs.

The screenshots below are taken directly from the information submitted and we can see that Quicken does have the correct URL to connect with, however, in the request account information response, Quicken isn't reading the information correctly, resulting in a "ccscrape.101 General Error" message.

This type of error indicates an error in the aggregation script that needs to be escalated to our service partners to review and correct the coding in the script to fully resolve.

I have taken the liberty of opening an escalation on your behalf and you should be receiving an email from the escalations team within the week with an update, next steps and/or a resolution.

The case number for your reference is: 7515525

I hope this information is helpful and thank you again for reporting this issue to the community.

Sarah
    Thank you Sarah. I will be awaiting an email. Thanks again!!!!