Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken no longer syncing between the desktop and mobile app

I was a Quicken 2017 user and have had issues the last 6 months or so where the One Step Update no longer syncs my desktop data with my cloud data. When I click on it, it does not sync the data either way. The only way I can get my data to sync from my desktop to the cloud (one way) is to use the Cloud Sync option under the Mobile & Web tab. It never takes changed I make on the mobile app on my phone and brings it down to my desktop. Very frustrating.

I am trying get the One Step option to work like it did before with changes both ways. It is frustrating to only be able to make changes on my desktop. I have tried to delete unlink / my cloud data to see if reloading it would help, but that option is also now missing on the Cloud ID area. I upgraded to the membership for Quicken 2020 an no help. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Jim Morrissey

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and steps available here and let us know if this helps to resolve the sync issue.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • muratore
    muratore Member ✭✭
    Be sure to back up your file before you follow the steps in @Quicken Sarah's link. I did a reset yesterday and lost the last 10 years of data! I had a backup from a couple of days ago, and did get sync working with help from customer service, but this seems to be a recurring issue (ie, regularly breaking), so we'll see how long it lasts.

One thing the customer service rep told me was that entering transactions on the mobile app is not recommended, because it causes these issues. I honestly don't know why else I'd bother putting the app on my phone if I can't use the giant "+" feature they have to add a transaction on the go when I'm not getting a receipt.
This discussion has been closed.