Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

why do I need to access the cloud to import a file on my computer???

I use a mac. However, I'd like to know why I even have to access the cloud to import a file that is on my laptop??? I don't want ANY financial information on the web. 
Quicken User since the DOS days...

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken is going to contact Cloud Services for a variety of reasons. This doesn't necessarily mean your file/data is being stored remotely. Reasons for accessing cloud services include:

• Verifying active subscription
    • Importing QMac 2007 or QWin files
    • Verifying bank is supported if you download transitions (even if importing a local transaction ((QFX)) file)
    • Transaction payee cleanup, auto-categorization (For downloading transactions)
    • Security Pricing Updates
    • Program Update check
    • Mobile Sync/Quicken Connect accounts (for those who use)
    • Online Biller updates
    • Currency Exchange rates
    If you are maintaining data locally and manually entering everything/have all mobile sync tools disables, then I wouldn't worry about any of your data being uploaded.

Keep in mind, your data is already in the cloud via your banks-that is how Quicken is getting it even if you don't utilize their services. Granted it isn't all aggregated in one spot, but it is there.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you Syncing to the Cloud?
    Please read this article to learn about the Cloud and how to turn off Sync if you don't want to use either the Quicken App on your smartphone or Quicken on the Web on your browser. https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

• lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭
    No, I am not synching to the cloud.
  • lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you John_in_NC and UKR. It is just annoying to see sync to cloud when i am just importing a local file. I know about the cloud and my bank. ;-)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, different wording should apply when simply importing a QFX data file.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭
    Agreed. 
This discussion has been closed.