Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

American Express account not recognized

I have an AmEx account set up for direct connect. This downloads transactions fine. Because this account has an annual fee, I'm going to get rid of it, and opened a 2nd account with no annual fees. Right now accounts are active.

When I try to add the new account in quicken, it is not recognized. Quicken sees only the first account, says 'ignore' as it is already linked.

I was able download transactions directly from the AmEx site. Doing this connected the account, but only as web connect. I tried to update the connection, but can't do a reset, so I have to deactivate, then activate, and of course, it again did not "see", did not recognize there is a second account. It sees my first account only, and of course prompts to ignore it.

I talked to AmEx, they said check with Quicken. I thought I'd check here first before calling support. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• chench53
    chench53 Member
    RESOLVED - And, so magically, now I was able to get it set up. Can't explain it, but it works so I'm happy.
This discussion has been closed.