Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to move subscription away from Wells Fargo

Quicken user for many years, bank is Wells Fargo. I changed from Premier to Deluxe in 2019 when subscriptions began. I've been paying $9.95/mo. to Wells Fargo, not Quicken, forever. Everything works fine. But, when I had to add a "business" account to keep the small balance of funds for a club, Wells Fargo added another $5/mo even though I told them I would not be using Quicken Bill Pay for that account. I'm thinking of moving the business account to another bank, and maybe the personal account as well.
My question, how do I keep Quicken Bill Pay, but change to a different bank? I presume I will still pay someone, the bank or Quicken, for Bill Pay through Quicken.
Thanks for any guidance.
Goofiness
Quicken Deluxe; Y: 2019; V: R23.14; Build: 27.1.23.14
Windows 10 Home; 64 -bit; V: 1809; OS Build: 17763.615

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @goofiness,

If you'ce "been paying $9.95/mo. to Wells Fargo, not Quicken" for bill paying services, then you aren't using "Quicken Bill Pay - you are using Wells Fargo's bill payment services. There are other banks that don't charge for bill payment - such as PNC bank.  You should shop around to local convenient banks and ask about their services and whether they allow Quicken downloads and/ or interactions. Or you can just use Quicken's Bill Pay service and pay Quicken a monthy
    fee. There's more information available on this site about that.

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • goofiness
    goofiness Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx.
    However, let me clarify:
    1. When I open Quicken, a big Wells Fargo screen opens with a Quicken logo embedded.
    2. I only open Quicken, and pay bills from Wells Fargo directly through Quicken; I never go to Wells Fargo to pay bills.
    3. I download all my transactions from Wells Fargo, brokerages, and credit cards directly through Quicken.
    So, who's in charge, is it Quicken or Wells Fargo? When I pay Quicken the subscription fee, that allows me to download all my transactions, from all my accounts, into Quicken, right? But it seems that I pay Wells Fargo to be able to pay my bills using Quicken and selecting the bank.
    So, what happens if I change to another bank? Might their fee be lower or zero or ?
    Goofiness
    Goofiness
    Quicken Deluxe; Y: 2019; V: R23.14; Build: 27.1.23.14
    Windows 10 Home; 64 -bit; V: 1809; OS Build: 17763.615
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @goofiness

Thank you for providing that additional clarification and questions.

You are exactly correct, the subscription fee paid to Quicken allows access to Online Services such as downloading transactions from any supported financial institution.

If you left Wells Fargo, the $9.95 a month fee they charge for paying your bills directly through Quicken would stop.

The decision to charge a fee for Quicken customers to pay bills through their financial institution from directly within Quicken is a choice made by the financial Institution.

Not all banks charge a fee for this service, but unfortunately we do not have a list of which banks do charge a fee and/or the amount of the fee, I apologize.

If there is a new financial institution you are interested in, I would recommend contacting their Online Banking team directly to inquire if a fee is charged and how much the fee is.

I hope this information is helpful, but please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns the community may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.