Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

CC-501 Bellco Accounts

Issue with Bellco Credit Union accounts. For over a week, it continually drops a CC-501 error. The solution indicated is to wait and try again and then contact Quicken customer service for assistance in resolving the error. The error says it is with the Quicken server. So what did you and your IT team break that suddenly does not allow Bellco Credit Union accounts to sync? All other accounts work normally and without any issues. The issue is specific to Bellco. There have been NO CHANGES on my part and I have NO login issues with Bellco otherwise. The issue is limited ONLY to Quicken. I have neither time nor patience to wait on hold for a decade to get someone to help. I pay a lot of money for a subscription to the software, one that I regret more and more each and every day for various reasons.

Comments

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @WalterPAlmgren,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you.

If you have not already done so, please see the information and follow the steps outlined here to troubleshoot the CC-501 error that you're receiving in Quicken.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• WalterPAlmgrenWalterPAlmgren Member ✭✭
    Quicken - Premier
    R25.18
    Build 27.1.25.18
    The error does indicate an issue with the Quicken server... not with my program. Everything else will update EXCEPT Bellco accounts.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @WalterPAlmgren,

Thank you for providing this additional information. 

Would you mind letting us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used?

You can find this information by going to Tools>Account List:

Also, to clarify, are you receiving a new error message other than the CC-501?

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

Institution Name: Bellco Credit Union - CO

Account Names:
    Boost Interest Checking - My Checking
    Bellco Savings

Connection Type: Express Web Connect

The ONLY error is CC-501
    "Unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken server. For more information, see this FAQ."

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501

The FAQ says:
    "This error occurs when Quicken is unable to connect to the bank to receive transaction information. This could be caused by something on the bank's end blocking Quicken from connecting. In some cases, Quicken Support may need to escalate the issue."

"If this occurs when updating an account
    Please Contact Quicken Support. This error requires Quicken Support agents to review logs and provide further assistance. The issue may need to be escalated and may not have an immediate resolution."

FAQ Last updated: 03/03/2020
    Article ID: GEN82555
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited March 5
    Hello @WalterPAlmgren

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting step and review of the log files and possible escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
  • dougharrisdougharris Member ✭✭
    I am getting the cc-501 error when trying to update my bellco accounts. Before I upgraded everything was working just fine. My mobile account on my Droid isn't updating either.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • PeterPeter Member ✭✭
    I'm still receiving this error when trying to update Bellco Credit Union and Western Heritage Credit Union of Nebraska.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Peter

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are receiving an error with your credit union.

If you have not already done so, please see the information and follow the steps outlined here to troubleshoot the CC-501 error that you're receiving in Quicken.

If the error persists after completing the above steps, I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps and review of the log files and possible escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • PeterPeter Member ✭✭
    I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with Tech support and found the fix to be very frustrating. In an hour he barely had one of my 12 accts fixed. I was not going to stay on the phone for many hours renaming files, deleting accts, importing and exporitng, reinstalling accts, etc. I upgraded to this version R25-21. Can't Quicken force an update to fix this problem? I was not impressed with the Tech support agent.
    I was forced to upgrade as well. My previous version worked fine and I had no errors. Why were we forced to upgrade when there are bugs with this version? Who has the time to sit on the phone for over an hour like in Peter's case. I agree with Peter, why can't quicken force an update??
  • PeterPeter Member ✭✭
    Tyka

Not sure why your sending me that link. There is NO instructions other than asking me to call Technical Support for their help. Which by the way, was terrible when I did call them. Let me ask the question again. Can't Quicken push an update to fix this problem? If not, and I eligible for a refund? Thank you
    edited March 30
    (Removed-Violation of Community Guidelines) 
    edited March 30
    > @WalterPAlmgren said:
    > (Removed-Violation of Community Guidelines) 

[removed - off-topic/disruptive]
    edited March 30
    [removed - off-topic/disruptive]
    Is there going to be an update released to fix this issue?
    Still to this day, Quicken has not fixed the issue on their backend technology.
    And support proves to be of no help at all in this matter.
    edited May 26
    Well, gee... They finally fixed something! :o
    It's a Festivus Miracle!

Well... at least they fixed part of it. :#
    I think... Maybe...

I can now finally run account updates today without the fail-out error for Bellco Credit Union, at least about 1/8 of the time.

Maybe it working was a small fluke of luck.
    Most of the time I still got the same old error that has been going on for MONTHS! (see image)

And, yes, I did verify my login is correct with the back directly on the website, and within Quicken. It works with the bank directly just fine.

But then again, the error does say it is an issue with the Quicken server.
    (Users already knew that)