Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I disable online bill pay

I don't think I ever signed up for online bill pay but transactions download with the lightning bolt symbol. How do I prevent this, or turn of online bill pay?

Answers

• This happens with my credit union, BECU, but they don't seem to know anything about it. Is there special terminology to use regarding this? In the end, I delete those transactions and hand-enter them.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Caroline W. Sherman

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community.

To deactivate the online bill payment service, open Quicken and go to the Tools menu > Account List.
    Click the "Edit" button to the right of the account name and then select the middle "Online Services" tab in the window that opens.
    Click "Deactivate" under the Online bill payment section.

The window should refresh and show a "Set up now" button instead, when it does, the online bill payment service has been deactivated and you can click on "Ok" to close the window.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns we can assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • johnrkern
    johnrkern Member ✭✭
    Thank you Sarah - this was driving me crazy, fixed it like I actually knew what I was doing. You're great!!
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    This happens with my credit union, BECU, but they don't seem to know anything about it. Is there special terminology to use regarding this? In the end, I delete those transactions and hand-enter them.
    Knowingly signing up for online bill pay or otherwise, it's best to contact your CU to notify them you do not want this service which they more than likely will charge you for regardless of deactivating in Quicken.
    If it is free (highly unlikely), why not use it. Online bill payment is a great feature.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
This discussion has been closed.