Checking account gets corrupted everytime download transactions

I have several accounts, but one particular checking account is the one giving me trouble ever since I created/added it two months ago.

When I do updates, things seem okay unless there are any transactions in this account. I review the transactions and accept them into the register, but the 'red flag' never goes away. If I try to 'reset' the account it complains about 'unaccepted transactions'

I've followed the instructions about reviewing transactions listed elsewhere. No more transactions are visible, none show up in the Online Center. The only thing that corrects it is to 'validate' the entire data file (after making backups).

If I just restore from backup, the transactions are undone, and when I download them again, the problem re-occurs. It's only this one checking account, but it's a pain to backup/validate/rename the files every week.

Any thoughts? I've tried changing settings for 'automatic entry' from 'on' to 'off' and back to 'on' and nothing short of validating the data file seems to help. The relevant line from the validation log seems to be:

QEL:
Corrected number of pending investment/banking transactions in account (403976360 to 1).

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest that you create a "new" register for the account. Remember to create a backup (press Ctrl + B) and to deactivate the online services of the original register. If the issue does not appear in the new register, you should be able to move the transactions to the new register, reset impacted reminders and memorized payees, delete the old register, and rename the new register.
  • Mike2
    Mike2 Member ✭✭
    Well I had tried completely deleting the account (it only two months old). Then walked through the process of adding it again and linking it with my financial institution, but it made no difference. Anytime there is a transaction to download, it lets me review and accept it, but gets 'stuck'. Have to 'validate' the entire file to clear the pending transactions. Always seems to be the same message:

QEL:
    Corrected number of pending investment/banking transactions in account (403976360 to 1)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike said:
    Well I had tried completely deleting the account (it only two months old). Then walked through the process of adding it again and linking it with my financial institution, but it made no difference. Anytime there is a transaction to download, it lets me review and accept it, but gets 'stuck'. Have to 'validate' the entire file to clear the pending transactions. Always seems to be the same message:

QEL:
    Corrected number of pending investment/banking transactions in account (403976360 to 1)
    When you validate, did you Copy first?  https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Mike2
    Mike2 Member ✭✭
    Yes, each time I made a copy before validating. What difference does that make? I 'validate' the file, it corrects the corrupt account and the 'red flag' is gone until the next time I download transactions.

Come back in a few days, download some new transactions, review and accept these, but the 'red flag' reappears and won't clear. I try 'reset' again, looking in 'online center' again, and the only way to clear the 'red flag' (again...) is to make ANOTHER copy, and run 'validate' again.

Having to copy and validate the file after each time I've downloaded new transactions is a pain. And it's only this one account.