Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Biller Already Added Issue

I have one biller which I cannot add due to the subject issue. Can I solve this problem without deleting the cloud account? In the past, deleting the cloud account has fixed the problem but also requires me to reinvent the wheel. Is there a way to be more surgical and fix the problem biller?
Quicken Premier R32.12
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
USA

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @virbert

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask that you provide the name of the biller that you are having difficulties with?

Also, please open Quicken and go to the Edit menu > Preferences > Cloud Accounts option.

Hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys on the keyboard and click the "Edit cloud account name" box on the right side of the Preferences > Cloud Account menu.

A window should open that lists your Account name, Filename, and the Dataset ID - what are the last 4 digits of the listed Dataset ID?

Please let me know!
    ~~~***~~~
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken_Tyka,

No apologies are necessary. Thank you for taking the time to address my question.

The biller is Mr. Cooper.

The "Account Name" is Rob; the "File name" is ROB.QDF; and the "Dataset Id" is 204927968359284738.

Can you help me better understand why the "Biller Already Added" issue arises? It might help me avoid it in the future. From my experience, the issue will happen if I delete the biller, add it back (which will be successful), delete it again, then try to add it back again. Sometimes I end up having to delete a biller because it will not update. I add it back, then get confused about the biller being already linked to a reminder. I unlink the reminder, delete the biller to start over, and voila, the problem occurs. I assume that I should be able to add and delete a biller multiple times without consequences.

Thanks so much,

Rob.
    Quicken Premier R32.12
    USA
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @Rob

Thank you for the response and for providing those details.

May I also that you sign out and sign back in.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID syncing and alerts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Let me know once this has been completed! 

~~~***~~~
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    Hola Tyka,

I have signed out and signed in.

Rob.
    Quicken Premier R32.12
    USA
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @virbert

Thank you for performing those steps, I was able to successfully locate the biller profile and have reported the "Mr.Cooper" biller.

In this case, I did not find a specific sync error, however, I found a second dataset in which this biller was also synced to and this could be the cause of the biller already added error.

I have reported the bill in the second dataset, not the dataset provided.

Please wait 48 hours and attempt to remove the "Mr. Cooper" bill from the active file and re-add once more.

Thank you,
    ~~~***~~~
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka ,

My Online Bills page is empty. Is this expected?

Rob.
    Quicken Premier R32.12
    USA
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka ,
    (I cannot edit my post as it reports "Format Not Found" after clicking the "Save Comment" button.)

My Online Bills page is empty. Is this expected?

Edited to include that I followed the steps outlined by Sarah here https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7792155/delete-online-biller to delete my cloud account and re-establish my online bills. This is the usual step I take to fix the "Biller Already Added" issue. Whatever the Quicken team did behind the scenes deleted all of my online bills instead of the one which was giving me problems and left the Online Bills in a state where all billers were reporting as "Biller Already Added" and could not be re-established.

I think my experience is the exception as others have reported success when asking Quicken to resolve single biller problems.

Rob.
    Quicken Premier R32.12
    USA
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @virbert

Thank you for posting back with that additional information, although I'm sorry to hear that issues are persisting.

I agree, this situation seems to be the exception and I'd like to look into exactly what happened and why the Online Bills page is now empty. 

Would you mind verifying the last 4 digits of the dataset ID for me one more time?  (Edit > Preferences > Cloud Accounts > Hold Ctrl + Shift and Click on Edit Cloud Name)

Thank you,

Sarah
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah,

I reestablished all of my online bills by following an approach you pointed out in a previous post. I was wondering if the user can fix the "Biller Already Added" issue for a single biller without having to delete the cloud account.
    Quicken Premier R32.12
    USA
This discussion has been closed.