Can someone help me with a Quicken reconcile problem?

When I reconciled my checking account Feb 29, 2020 quicken deluxe 2017 said it was off $1,362.12. My Quicken version is R19.8. I spent the morning trouble shooting unsuccessfully.
The previous month it reconciled alright. I had a current Backup so I restored it, that didn't help.
Tagged:

Comments

• nmdelcour3
    nmdelcour3 Member
    When I have reconciliation problems, it is usually because I have entered the wrong ending balance. Sometimes I look at my statement wrong and enter the average daily balance instead of the ending balance. Also, sometimes I just start all over (sometimes multiple times).
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your starting balance match what it is supposed to be from your last month's reconciliation?
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile

Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @[email protected],

Bank reconciliations can be a real pain. Here are some questions that should help you:

1) Can you tell us whether the difference is positive or negative?

2) Did you double check that all checks or payments made from the account were entered into Quicken (including bank service charges, ATM withdrawals, and automatic bill payments/deductions)?

3) Look at transactions that are dated close to the bank statement ending date (both a few days before the date and after the date) - are any of them close in amount to the difference?

4) Were there any unusual transactions (one time payments, transfers, etc.- look for things on both sides i.e. deposits and checks/withdrawals) that happened during the month, if so take a close look at them.

5) If transactions include payroll deposits - these can change due to tax withholding adjustments, changes in benefit deductions, etc. - so compare the deposits to your paystub information (especially if the difference amount is close to your net pay for one or more periods).

6) Keep in mind that the difference probably represents more than one transaction.

Get back to me with some additional information and we'll see if we can figure it out.

Good luck.
    Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
This discussion has been closed.