Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

"Talk to Support" not working

I got an error that said I needed to contact suppotr but the "talk to support" link on Quicken's web page does nmothing.

Comments

• jhg
    jhg Member ✭✭
    The "Talk to Support" option in the support page does nothing because the link just reloads the same page. What is the correct link to initiate chat?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jhg

Use this link and click on "Talk to Support" in the upper left:  https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken's support system seems to have broken down. I can't get a hold of them even though I have the "Premier" version which is supposed to entitle me to "premium support."
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Bertilak

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are unable to connect with support.

If you are attempting to contact Quicken Care via chat, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If you are trying to contact support by phone and are a Premium user, please navigate to https://www.quicken.com/ and sign in to access the Quicken Premium Support number.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Alan Berow
    Alan Berow Member ✭✭
    Still does not work. The link behind the button is to https://www.quicken.com/support, effectively where I just came from.
    I have tried two browsers from different companies and using both my wi-fi and cellular connections to reach the URL.
  • Alan Berow
    Alan Berow Member ✭✭
    The link goes right back to the support page - https://www.quicken.com/support
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you allowing pop-ups?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Are you allowing pop-ups?

Not blocked.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    > @Alan Berow said:
    > Still does not work. The link behind the button is to https://www.quicken.com/support, effectively where I just came from.
    > I have tried two browsers from different companies and using both my wi-fi and cellular connections to reach the URL.

And still does not work for me.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Take another look.  It may be the same page ... but it's a different part of the page. A part where "Talk to support" is in the upper left corner, exactly where @Frankx described it.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > If you are trying to contact support by phone and are a Premium user, please navigate to https://www.quicken.com/ and sign in to access the Quicken Premium Support number.
    >
    > I hope this helps!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

I see no phone number so to answer your question, it does not help.

Another thing ... most things I click on just bring me back to a sign in page. Very circular!

Quicken's web page must be doing some non-standard things.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues connecting with Quicken Support and thank you for reporting this issue to the community.

I just tested with Google Chrome and was successfully able to open the Talk to Support option and initiate a chat with an Agent so the option to reach support is working.

The direct number for Quicken Support is 650-250-1900, I would recommend contacting Support by phone for assistance.  Support also has the ability to share your screen to see what is happening and troubleshoot in real time, including the inability to access the chat with Support option.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes with Support.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    When I click on "Talk to Support', I get the following pop-up.  Are you not getting this?

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Alan Berow
    Alan Berow Member ✭✭
    When I right click the Talk to Support button in the section titled Contact support and copy the link, it is to https://www.quicken.com/support. That is the same page as where I am. That the page URL has an anchor at the Talk to Support section does not affect the outcome. I am using the current Firefox on a Windows 10 machine, but tried this with Edge.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Why are you right clicking? Use the LEFT mouse button.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    I'm not Alan Burrow but I believe he is right-clicking just to see where that link is pointing.

He's looking because left-clicking the link doesn't seem to do anything, which is what I reported in my OP. What he sees is that, indeed, the link points right back to the same page, therefore accomplishing nothing. That would explain why left-clicking on it does nothing.

He is trying to be helpful but you missed that.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    P.S. This web page is also a bit troublesome. I tried to edit the above post but get an error message (in RED):

"Format Not Found"
  • Greg_the_Geek
    He's not being helpful, he's just confusing the situation. I just clicked on the link and a chat window opened. You need to allow pop-ups to get to the chat window.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    As I said above, I am NOT blocking pop-ups. Clicking on "talk to support" does NOTHING.

Allan Burrow DID supply potentially useful information. He did so voluntarily.

It is Quicken Support that is not being helpful here, but it is not your fault -- Quicken's design and implementation of this web page is fundamentally flawed.

We, the customers, are not able to accomplish what we are trying to do! At least someone is here to answer our questions even if there is, apparently, no good answer.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Try holding the Ctrl key and then clicking "Talk to Support".
  • Alan Berow
    Alan Berow Member ✭✭
    I do not see a notice that pop-ups are blocked as I get when that happens as I have set up Firefox. CNTL-click, ALT-click, SHIFT-click do nothing. The only cookies blocked are generic, data collection ones, and blocked only in Firefox. For what it is worth, I won't put Chrome on my machine. The HTML snippet creating the Contact Support section is:

<div class="pane-content">
    <h4 class="support-pane-subtitle"></h4>
    <div class="support-pane-body">
    Get free expert help from our Quicken

Customer Support team.</div>
    <div class="support-pane-button-cta">
    <a href="/support" class="btn support-pane-cta btn-outline active">Talk To Support</a></div>
    </div>
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using Firefox, it's been my experience that you need to set up two things in Firefox Options / Privacy & Security to make this webpage work:
    • Change "Enhanced Tracking Protection" to "Standard" from "Strict"
    • Scroll down the page to "Block Popup windows" and click Exceptions. Add "https://www.quicken.com" to the exception list and click Allow. Click "Save Changes".
    YMMV
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Using Firefox, it's been my experience that you need to set up two things in Firefox Options / Privacy & Security to make this webpage work:* Change "Enhanced Tracking Protection" to "Standard" from "Strict"
    > * Scroll down the page to "Block Popup windows" and click Exceptions. Add "https://www.quicken.com" to the exception list and click Allow. Click "Save Changes".
    >
    > YMMV

Already configured properly, BUT ...

"Talk to Quicken" now gets me somewhere! No changes on my part. Something has been fixed. I see my Firefox ia now at the March 10 level. Perhaps that snuck in while I was'nt looking!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reporting back that everything's OK now.
    Can't have you doing this all the time ...
    ;-)
  • Alan Berow
    Alan Berow Member ✭✭
    > @Bertilak said:
    > > @UKR said:
    > > Using Firefox, it's been my experience that you need to set up two things in Firefox Options / Privacy & Security to make this webpage work:* Change "Enhanced Tracking Protection" to "Standard" from "Strict"
    > > * Scroll down the page to "Block Popup windows" and click Exceptions. Add "https://www.quicken.com" to the exception list and click Allow. Click "Save Changes".
    > >
    > > YMMV
    >
    > Already configured properly, BUT ...
    >
    > "Talk to Quicken" now gets me somewhere! No changes on my part. Something has been fixed. I see my Firefox ia now at the March 10 level. Perhaps that snuck in while I was'nt looking!

Thanks for the advice - you and Bertilak.

I already had both of the settings Bertilak mentioned and have been on the March 10 release since it was released. I also shut off a hardware filter I use and restarted the browser. I continue to have the problem in both browsers - Firefox and Edge. My security on Edge is much lower than Firefox. I am at a loss to see the HTML that would open the pop-up to help figure out what is going on. This feature did work for me in the past - several months ago.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Works for me using the "new" Edge.
  • Alan Berow
    Alan Berow Member ✭✭
    I am making some progress, but would appreciate any assistance I can get.

When I force my PC to use my mobile phone to access the Internet over the cellular network and use a Microsoft browser - Internet Explorer or Edge - I get the pop-up. When I use a Mozilla-based browser - Firefox or SeaMonkey - it continues to fail. I cannot find or cannot read or cannot understand the HTML to makes this work.

I used Edge to connect to a help desk agent while connected to my mobile phone, then switched to my home wi-fi network and things continued to work. When I closed the chat window, things were back to not responding.

The issue appears to have several layers, the browser layer and something in my router. Again, any help would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.