Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

New Quick Pay - reconciliation process for credit cards?

One unaddressed question from my initial reading is how does this process change affect the reconciliation process for credit cards?

Comments

• Quicken Julio
    Quicken Julio Moderator, Employee mod
    Hi @Bob Sprowls,

Thanks for posting to our Community.

Your post is a little broad so I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

Are you referring to reconciling a Credit Card account or credit card transactions within a specific account/register?

Responding with this additional information will give us better insight as to what you're specifically asking about and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you, Bob.
    Best,
    JV
  • Bob Sprowls
    Bob Sprowls Member ✭✭
    So, today I have reminders and when they show up, I go to my credit card supplier and download the PDF or the statement, then reconcile the account and pay the bill. What is expected flow with this new change>
  • Bob Sprowls
    Bob Sprowls Member ✭✭
    Today, for instance I would go from teh Bill REminder to say an American Express account and reconcile it. After reconciling, Quicken allows me to pay the bill online, which is my preferred approach. how will I go about this process with new process?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still not clear what new approach you are referring to? You also make no mention of downloading transactions into your register. You mention a PDF statement, which implies you are manually entering these transactions. You will need to fully explain your process in order to get more help.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeoffG said:
    You mention a PDF statement, which implies you are manually entering these transactions.
    No, it doesn't. He can be downloading transactions and reconciling against the "paper" PDF statement.
    I would like to know the answer to @Bob Sprowls 's question, too. I also pay my credit cards at the end of the reconcile process, but I can set future payment dates via my bank. I am guessing the reconciliation process itself will not change, but the new Bill Manager currently does not allow setting future dates.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • dslepak
    dslepak Member
    When using the new Quick Pay how do I enter split transaction information?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Quick Pay provides for payment to online billers.  

To edit a split transaction, open the register, select the transaction and press Ctrl + S
  • dslepak
    dslepak Member
    I know how to split the details once it's in the register. But using Quick Pay under the New Quicken Bill Pay Manager the item I created is not yet in the register. I know that if I wait until the entry is moved to the register that I can visit the entry and add the split details but this requires that I keep the paperwork on my desk and remember to enter the split details after the fact.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    dslepak said:
    I know how to split the details once it's in the register. But using Quick Pay under the New Quicken Bill Pay Manager the item I created is not yet in the register. I know that if I wait until the entry is moved to the register that I can visit the entry and add the split details but this requires that I keep the paperwork on my desk and remember to enter the split details after the fact.
    The linked reminder entered should be able to be edited as a split transaction: left click in the Details region and select the two headed arrow icon.
This discussion has been closed.