Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why are my closed accounts showing in my drop down lists

I took all my hidden accounts that were no longer active, such as matured GIC's or closed bank accounts and closed them in Quicken. once closed the "Hide transactions in entry list" was greyed out, and now all these accounts are showing up in all drop down boxes and in other accounts. How can I get the greyed out box with the check mark in it working again.
I am also having an issue with the auto account updates. An Error box shows up stating I have one or more accounts that have not been added properly and are marked with a caution sign with exclamation mark, No such mark can be found anywhere on any of my accounts anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @wmadman,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with this, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• wmadman
    wmadman Member
    I am using the Quicken Canada 2019 version R22.29 Build 27.1.22.29
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question about why closed accounts or accounts marked "Hide in transaction entry lists" still show in dropdown lists has been discussed many times here in the Community. And yet they still show ...
    To make it easier to not click a closed account accidentally, I have renamed all my closed accounts by adding a "~"(Tilde) character to the start of the account name, e.g., changed "AmEx 1234" to "~AmEx 1234". This pushes the account to the bottom of the entry list, out of the way.

As far as your OSU update error is concerned ...
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

This discussion has been closed.