How do I setup the new Bill Pay

I signed up for Quicken 2017 and have now have windows subscription. I use Bill Pay. I am not clear on what I need to do after May 31 to keep paying my bills. Do I need to download a new version of Quicken to pay me bills? Otherwise, how do I use Quicken Bill Pay Manager?

Best Answers

• RayJo
    RayJo Member
    Accepted Answer
    I do pay $9.95 per month, so I should be good just to download the new bill manager and keep my annual subscription going? 

Let me ask two other questions. 

Would it be better for me to upgrade to Quicken 2020 or am I effectivy already using the most up to date version through the new annual subscription model?

Secondly, should I upgrade to premium, pay the higher rate (I think $79.95) and not pay the $9.95 per month? 

I also understand I will not be able to pre schedule payments and that I have to reenter all of my payees. Is that correct? 

Thanks for your response. 

Answers

• RayJo
    RayJo Member
    Accepted Answer
    I do pay $9.95 per month, so I should be good just to download the new bill manager and keep my annual subscription going? 

Let me ask two other questions. 

Would it be better for me to upgrade to Quicken 2020 or am I effectivy already using the most up to date version through the new annual subscription model?

Secondly, should I upgrade to premium, pay the higher rate (I think $79.95) and not pay the $9.95 per month? 

I also understand I will not be able to pre schedule payments and that I have to reenter all of my payees. Is that correct? 

Thanks for your response. 
  • Mike Sullivan
    Mike Sullivan Member ✭✭
    I received the notice about moving to Bill Manger from my Quicken bill pay account. This has triggered these questions:

1- I am using Quicken Premier 2020 R 25.18, but Bill Pay thought I was using Quicken Deluxe. The path offered to move to Bill Manger is to download a free Quicken Deluxe and then to follow the Bill Manger installation. Since I am already using Premier, what is the path to Bill Manger for me?

2- the cut over instructions say to have all of my payees printed out. Is there no way to import them into Bill Manger?

Look forward to your response.
    Mike
  • RayJo
    RayJo Member
    It is not clear whether I need to download quicken 2020 to use Bill Manager. I currently use Bill Pay with Quicken Bill Pay and Quicken 2017 on subscription.

Please let me know.
  • Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn Administrator admin
    Hi RayJo,
    If you have 2017, you will need to install the Quicken Subscription (2020) version of the product; the 2017 version will not automatically update.

In terms of cost, it's up to you; as a prior Bill Pay user, the number of payments you'll receive with Deluxe will be 15 Quick Pay and 15 Check Pay payments.  If you upgrade to Premier, you'll get 12 Quick Pay and 3 Check Pay payments.  

You will not be able to schedule payments at this time--

Hope this helps--
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn Administrator admin
    @Mike Sullivan you can use the copy feature to copy your Bill Pay payees to Bill Manager: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-copy-bill-pay-option

For the other situation, please contact support so we can make sure your subscription entitlement is set up correctly: www.quicken.com/contact-support 
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    @Mike Sullivan you can use the copy feature to copy your Bill Pay payees to Bill Manager: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-copy-bill-pay-option
    just to be clear for future discussions....
    this is for a single Payee and must be repeated for each Payee -
    basically Copy & Paste

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    Kathryn,

Few questions, sorry.

So I am using the windows 2017 deluxe version with bill pay.

I did get a subscription to 2019 windows deluxe versions but never installed it because back in Jan when I downloaded it I was not aware that I would have to get another bill pay account and to this day it is still not up and running, like i just got the two micro deposits from bill pay maybe two weeks ago!

So with that said being that I am using the old version of quicken windows 2017 on the old bill pay system (not the one that is compatible with the subscription versions of quicken) questions;
    - do I just install the 2019 version that I have a subscription to or do I need to buy the 2020 version?
    - when i import all my file over from 2017 deluxe for windows into 2019 deluxe for windows will it retain my payee list?
    -What will happen to scheduled payments that are on my calendar as payment reminders or that are down as scheduled repeating payments every month that quicken bill pay has been sending?
    - Just concerned because I have about 5 items that are paid through quicken bill pay and once I upgrade it removes the old copy so I wont be able to access the payee information or the amounts because I do not receive any paper statements so I don’t want to forget the information that I would need to get them setup again.

Thank you