Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

New Quicken Bill Pay

I have to say, I am incredibly disappointed by the new Quicken Bill Manager. This product does not appear to be ready for prime time and removes at least 3 features I consider key to my using it - and these are features that are available today. The following three areas concern me (all my info is based on a support call I had today):

1. I was told that there was no way to send more that 12 electronic payment and 6 check payments per month. I regularly exceed that today in quicken bill pay. So I would need to write and mail manual checks for the excess (last month I sent 21 payment via quicken).

2. I was told that there is no way to schedule a payment. So all I can do is check every day if payments are due and send them. It was far easier to use when I could enter the payment once and schedule it at that time. The reminder feature is nice but not really adequate for my purposes.

3. I was told that the existing ability to use Quicken Bill Pay online (i.e. using a web page) will be terminated on 5/31/20. There is currently no replacement pending. Based on a Quicken support recommendation, I had to use this several times when there were connectivity issues between my bank and Quicken.

When I asked if these would be available on 6/1, I was told that they were being worked on but no planned release date is known.

Finally, what I cannot understand is how a company like Quicken could release a product with these gaps and why they did not wait for release until the new product had the features that we are paying for today.

I hope that the existing product will be continued until the replacement product is ready for prime time". It doesn't look to me like it is.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking to migrate from Quicken Bill Pay to an equivalent bill pay service to pay bills from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using any of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.