Beginning balance on Quickend and bank statement (what it should be) differ by $51.00.

I previously had a problem with missing transactions that was corrected by correcting end date. However the beginning blance shown by the Quicken reconciliation differs from bank statement balance by $51.00. This beginning balance shoul be the samed as he ending balance for the previous month. When I reconcile it is off by that amount. How can I edit this to be correct?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The opening balance in the account register might be off by $51 and can easily be adjusted as needed - assuming this is a new user getting started. The opening balance is the first row when sorted by date (which it should always be). Edit the amount and make a note in the memo field so you can track the change. You should only do this once and never, ever use a balance adjustment to force reconcile going forward.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the reconciled opening balance has changed, a reconciled transaction has been added, modified, or deleted.  To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current datafile with the running balance of the account register from a datafile backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to do accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.