Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Bill Pay

Your Quicken Bill Pay Community Notification are very confusing.

PLUS ... I can not respond to your email just sent to me because your email address bounces.

ALTHOUGH you said in your email I could respond.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT ... this whole conversion is being managed VERY poorly !!

MY QUESTIONS ....

What happens to the web based Quicken Bill pay that I access thru my browser ?? It is not clear from your news emails nor web site.

AND ... your description of the level of services is confusing. I am a yearly subscriber to Quicken ... what is my free service level ?? What are my costs per transaction after I exceed my free Xacts ??

Thanks, Ron

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Quicken Bill Pay web site will no longer allow bill payment after May 31, 2020.
    • Quick Pay is limited to 12 online payments per month.
    • Quick Check is limited to 3 check payment per month.
    • Quicken will not allow us to exceed these limits.
    If you're using the Premier or higher edition, the bill payment functionality is free.
    If you using the Deluxe or lower, the bill payment functionality is $9.95 a month.

I don't understand why anyone who wants to use the bill payment functionality of the Quicken Bill Manager would choose to remain at a lower edition.  The retail price difference between Starter and Premier and between Deluxe and Premier is $40/yr and $25/yr, respectively. https://www.quicken.com/compare
  • arbymail
    arbymail Member
    With all of the positive spin, this appears to me like my cost to remain with Quicken is going up considerably. I am a Quicken 2017 Deluxe user and I routinely use BillPay. It appears to me I will have to upgrade to an annual subscription to Premier to do what I have been doing for years. My bank offers free bill payments, but that would require I start using two systems. My very very long loyalty to Quicken is eroding quickly.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    arbymail said:
    With all of the positive spin, this appears to me like my cost to remain with Quicken is going up considerably. I am a Quicken 2017 Deluxe user and I routinely use BillPay. It appears to me I will have to upgrade to an annual subscription to Premier to do what I have been doing for years. My bank offers free bill payments, but that would require I start using two systems. My very very long loyalty to Quicken is eroding quickly.
    Quicken will terminate Quicken 2017's Online Services two months before Metavante Payment Services will terminate Quicken Bill Payhttps://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy  

If you want to use any Online Services in Quicken, you will need to install and activate a Quicken subscription.   The cost of a subscription varies.  For example, a 14-month subscription of Quicken Deluxe is $30 on Amazon.

If you would like to pay bills from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using any of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method.  

Otherwise, I suggest you use your banks free bill payment service.

Note: You do not need to upgrade to the Premier edition.
This discussion has been closed.