Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Which version of Quicken would be best

I currently have Home & Business 2017 but I have closed my business,
but I want to keep my old business data.
I want to upgrade but I no longer need Home & Business.
Will Quicken Deluxe import data from Home & Business 2017 or do I need to get Quicken Premier?
I do want to keep my business data as I believe that I need to keep business records for 7 years.
Will either version import my business categories from Home & Business or keep my old business data on it?
I do have investments, but I am not an active trader.
What would you suggest?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    As far as your H&B information, there is no difference between Deluxe and Premier in what you will see.  You will lose the business capabilities, but the accounts will still be there for you to pull reports from.
    Deluxe & Premier differ in the bells & whistles for investing, free Quicken Pay/Check, Credit Score and a few other things.  Premier having them and Deluxe not having them.
    I would go with Deluxe and if you find it lacking in the first 30 days, apply for a refund and purchase Premier.  Quicken Return Policy

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    As far as your H&B information, there is no difference between Deluxe and Premier in what you will see.  You will lose the business capabilities, but the accounts will still be there for you to pull reports from.
    Deluxe & Premier differ in the bells & whistles for investing, free Quicken Pay/Check, Credit Score and a few other things.  Premier having them and Deluxe not having them.
    I would go with Deluxe and if you find it lacking in the first 30 days, apply for a refund and purchase Premier.  Quicken Return Policy

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Oliver105
    Oliver105 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your comments
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "the accounts will still be there for you to pull reports from."

To prevent confusion, the reports you will be able to generate will not be the standard P&L and similar "business reports".  But 'regular' reports like income/expense reports will provide you with essentially the the same info.  You'll need to customize those to the applicable accounts (the 'business' accounts) likely in a more manual approach.  But all the past years of information will be available via those regular reports.
This discussion has been closed.