R25.18 crashing on One Step Update and Bills & Income Tab is now blank

No issues at all for quite some time, but after installing R25.18 my Bills & Income Tab is blank. I used Quick Pay to pay my lease through Audi FS. I noticed that (for the first time) Payment Pending did not show up. I went to the Account I paid with and it was there, and already paid (10 sec, thanks!!!). Went back to the Bills & Income tab and it still showed as if I never submitted the payment...have used Quick Pay about 5X and never experienced this. Logged in to Audi FS and it showed the transaction went through. Finally, I quit Quicken and relaunched. Now the Bills & Income is just completely blank. Furthermore, I ran One Step Update and somewhere near the end of the run it crashes Quicken completely. Appears to be getting through the account downloads and crashing at either Quicken Cloud update, Bills update, or Investment Quote downloads as it normally sends that information last. I will uncheck those three one-by-one and see if I can pinpoint which one its crashing on (or if its just random). Will update if I can provide more info. Thanks! Love the new bill pay, though, just hope you can set up check pay to automatically send the check a week out.

Comments

• PJS Finance
    PJS Finance Member ✭✭
    UPDATE : After unchecking "Update Bills" from the One Step Update settings, the program quit crashing during the one step update cycle.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @PJS Finance

Thank you for sharing the details of this experience with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I'm glad to hear that unchecking the "Update Bills" box in the One Step Update Settings window resolved the crash, however, I'd like to look into this a little further to see if we can determine what the underlying cause of the crash was.

Please go to the Bills & Income tab in Quicken and are there any errors listed next to the billers?

If not, please attempt to update the billers from the Update All (blue circle icon) in the upper right corner of the Bills tab.

Does the update complete or do you still experience a hang or crash?

Please let me know, thank you.

Sarah

• PJS Finance
    PJS Finance Member ✭✭
    Sarah,

I resolved this two days ago but do remember there were no errors. The entire Bills & Income list of reminders was "frozen", meaning I could mark something paid, it still did not show; I could change the outlook from 7 to 14 or 30 days and it would not change what I saw, etc.

I went to a backup file from before I did the operation for the new Quick Pay (believe it was a simple validate billers). I could do anything I wanted within that file, and when I opened the normal, working file the change would be there! So for a week I simply toggled back and forth between files to bill (manual or online) related business.

This got cumbersome, and two days ago I finally decided to delete everything from my reminders, EVERYTHING. I deleted onliine and manual bills, transfers, and pay checks. After running several Validate & Repair operations (three of reminders kept coming back after the operation "fixed" the reminders), I finally cleared all reminders with no erros on the last V & R. Have added one bill back and am able to change view from 7 to 14 or 30 days and it reappears, no crashes, everything hunky dory...just wish these updates were better tested before pushed to consumers!

Thanks

Peter
  • PJS Finance
    PJS Finance Member ✭✭
    Sarah,

I forgot to mention that last week when I went into the old file, I removed Capital One Credit Cards from the list of online billers (I believe I had seen this fix in an old community blog). Pretty sure this is what kept it from CRASHING, but then the new problems (not being able to change views from 7 to 14 or 30 days) came along.

Peter
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi Peter (@PJS Finance)

Thank you for the response and providing that additional information.

We do offer a Beta testing program, available here -  https://quickenbeta.centercode.com/, I would highly encourage signing up if you would be interested in helping test future product releases.

There is a known issue with the Capital One online biller, currently Capital One is unavailable to add or track in Quicken as an online biller. 

If the Capital One online biller was still active in the file and attempting to connect with the servers, I can definitely see that as causing an issue that turned into a crash.

Overall I'm glad to hear you have it resolved, but if there is anything else the community may assist with, please let us know :)

Thanks again,

Sarah

• pboyle8
    pboyle8 Member ✭✭
    Sarah, I am having the exact same issues. Spent over an hour texting with support who had me sign out and back in + do a super validate. None helpful so she suggested I call duting 9-5 hours. On my own I reinstalled the software and that didn't help either
  • PJS Finance
    PJS Finance Member ✭✭
    @pboyle8 I know this sounds cumbersome, but I deleted every Bill & Income reminder I had and am painfully adding them back, one-by-one. Cumbersome, but it worked!
  • pboyle8
    pboyle8 Member ✭✭
    Ugh. Thanks. I hope Quicken comes up with a better approach. I am in a bit of a bind since I started to convert over from BillPay so some of my auto payments aren't happening. I'll hang for a couple days with my fingers crossed
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭
    i had the problem of a blank bill and income view, along with frequent crashes. Quicken started acting quirky. I had tried all the suggestions discussed above, without success. I was unable to get a resolution from support. They seem to be a "one trick pony," validate the file. Needless to say, this did not work. Finally, I had to reinstall a back up file, I back up my file daily. I ended up reinstalling a file from Oct and rebuilding all my accounts.
    I had also send a copy of my file to Quicken at their request, never to hear back, even though we had email exchanges about sending the file.

As near as I could determine it had something to do with syncing the file.

I live in fear that it will happen again....
This discussion has been closed.