Home Quicken for Mac Reports (Mac)

Report is eliminating an entire category

bethwrbethwr Member ✭✭
I am using Quicken Deluxe 2020, and have updated the most recent version. I was creating a report to show my 12 month spend by category, and I notice that it's omitting one category from a credit card. It is a Citibank Costco Visa card, and it won't show purchases categorized as fuel.

I only use the card for three things, so it's obvious what's missing from the report. I've checked category filters, time filters, etc. Nothing else seems to be missing.

What else could I check?

Answers

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly which report from the Reports menu are you starting with? Category Summary report?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • bethwrbethwr Member ✭✭
    Yes, category summary report. I even filtered it to only the Costco card, and it still only shows the other two spend categories.
    Category Summary is an older report that is being deprecated. It is known to have errors. Instead, try using the Reports > Create Transaction Report. Hopefully you will find it to be accurate. You will also see that you have a lot more control over the customization and format. For example, you can set which columns you want included, the width and order of those columns, etc.

Please post back and let us know if this solves the missing data issue.
  • bethwrbethwr Member ✭✭
    And it's really weird. It's only picking up a handful of transactions categorized as Auto:Fuel over all history. I tried to change the category name and recategorize as Auto:Gasoline, and same thing. It only picks up the same handful of transactions as before.

FWIW, it's not showing up in any reports, custom or otherwise. It makes me suspicious - that one is an obvious miss, but it may be eliminating other things, as well. Makes it very hard to look at historical spend or budgeting. . .
    Asking again... did you try Create Transaction Report instead of Category Summary?
  • bethwrbethwr Member ✭✭
    I've tried both. Same result.
    If there is not something in the report customization that is limiting the data (tags, accounts, etc) then I think you will probably want to contact Quicken Support on this so they can screen share and see first hand what's going on. It's possible, I suppose, that you have corruption in your database.