Home Quicken for Mac Reports (Mac)

Better reporting options.

ericgericg Member ✭✭✭
For a report, it would be nice if I could say I wanted the date range of a report to end at the end of the last month.

Additionally, when viewing a budget, It has the summary column which currently says "January to March". It would be nice if this summary column could be show to the end of the last month.

These features were once available in Quicken 2007 and were lost a long time ago now. I would like them back.

One other way to supply these features would be to extend the AppleScript dictionary to allow such settings to be done programmatically.

Currently, I am required to write an AppleScript which can send keys and clicks to the application to export the budget data and then process it to obtain the information I want easily. It would be nice if there was more direct support in the application itself.
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given Quicken's history, I think it's unlikely you'll see them add more support for scripting.

In terms of reports, I'm not sure I understand. You can customize the date range of reports, and can set them to be Last Month, or set any date range you want. A useful keyboard shortcut if that in a date field H will enter the last day of this month and pressing H repeatedly will increment the month, while M will give the first day of the month, and repeated M's will decrement the month. So if you wanted to specify January 31 in a date field today, you could press MMMH. Or (YH, because Y jumps to the first day of the year, so YH takes you to January 31.)

If you're asking for dynamic dates (like Last Month), those can be specified in date dropdowns for month, quarter of year, but there's no way to specify something like Year-To-Date through the end of last month without modifying the date manually.

In terms of budgets, yes, there are lots of users who have requested better flexibility with dates in budgets, and hopefully the developers will implement better options when they overhaul some other budget features which we've been told are coming.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ericgericg Member ✭✭✭
    I would like to be able save a report with the date option "year to end of last month". I used to be able to do this with Quicken 2007. I would like the option back. The current "Year to Date" option is completely useless for me.

Manually adjusting the date constantly is very annoying.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, now I understand. I'd suggest creating a new post as an Idea (rather than Discussion), and clearly state what you did in your post just above, with a more specific heading like "Allow Report Date Ranges to include 'End of Last Month' ". The more specific and clear Idea posts are, the more likely other users here will see it and vote for it. (After you create your Idea post, you'll see it has a blue box for voting. Click the little gray triangle under the vote counter, which will be zero, and it will change to one.) I'll vote for that idea!

For better or worse, this is the only active avenue Quicken provides users for submitting enhancement/feature requests. 
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993