Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quick for me & my wife - how many subscriptions?

Hi,

I would like to use one budget in Quicken with my wife.

Is it enough to buy only one subscription?
How to access my wife to the budget after I create it?

Thanks!
Paul

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One subscription is all you need. You have not explained enough about what you are looking to do, and how your finances are setup now?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Freud
    Freud Member
    It looks in the following way:
    - all budgets are shared - we have two budgets
    - we buy from one budget and want to add our expensive from different mobile phones
  • pstreicher
    pstreicher Member ✭✭✭
    I believe if you both use the same login credentials it should work just fine.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freud said:
    It looks in the following way:
    - all budgets are shared - we have two budgets
    - we buy from one budget and want to add our expensive from different mobile phones
    Can you explain why you have two budgets? One budget is normally all that is needed to maintain a household.
    You need to focus on maintaining Quicken from the desktop, not your mobile. You can view and add transactions, but the mobile app is only a companion to the desktop version.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Freud
    Freud Member
    I would like to be mobile as maximum as possible.
    Having access to the web + mobile would be very comfortable so no desktop application is required to go.

I'm a fan of having web applications and nothing to install anywhere manually.

Just web + mobile.
    It's because the comfort of my life is only about the value quicken brings without any administration, installation, backups, another computer like my wife's computer, etc.

Yeah - two budgets because one of them is our household budget and the other one is the part of the household but more like a virtual budget for some private expenses for private investments.

It would be great to have a possibility to create another virtual budget from the household one as the main.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I can appreciate mobile access to financial data, I will reiterate that Quicken is a desktop app first and foremost. The mobile/web apps are companion apps and cannot and do not stand alone. If that is what you are looking for, Quicken is not it.
This discussion has been closed.