Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Setting up Bill Pay Manager

I was attempting to setup the new Quicken Bill Pay Manager and I found it to be very cumbersome and not user friendly at all. It seems to me that paying bills just got much more difficult/confusing. I hope they come out with some more detailed instructions than what I have seen so far. I notified support yesterday and was told that the way I pay bills now would still work after May 31st but everything I read says otherwise. Does anyone have an insight to setting this stuff up? I go to setup a payee and it takes me immediately to a notification screen and honestly I don't want a notification. Also, I might pay a payee multiple times during a month and I just go to my register and select 'send' from the drop down then select the payee I want to pay and enter the amount. When I get read to send the transactions I select online update and everything is completed. How exactly does this new system work?

Comments

• Dennis@1
    [email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    My understanding is that paying bills from within the Quicken program via Direct Connect with your bank, will not be affected. Only those customers using the paid subscription service "Quicken Bill Pay" will need to transfer over to the new paid subscription service "Quicken Bill Manager". I find it shameful that Quicken hasn't made this more clear.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    If you are looking to migrate from Quicken Bill Pay to an equivalent bill pay service to pay bills from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using any of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method.   
  • Edwin E Massey
    Edwin E Massey Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If you are looking to migrate from Quicken Bill Pay to an equivalent bill pay service to pay bills from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using any of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method.   

I will definitely look into that possibility. I really can't understand why they wanted to change something that works great and implement an extremely sub-par system. The decision was probably made by someone that has no idea how to pay bills but one way. Oh well, I guess what 'they' say is true, "all good things comes to an end".
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If you are looking to migrate from Quicken Bill Pay to an equivalent bill pay service to pay bills from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using any of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method.   

I will definitely look into that possibility. I really can't understand why they wanted to change something that works great and implement an extremely sub-par system. The decision was probably made by someone that has no idea how to pay bills but one way. Oh well, I guess what 'they' say is true, "all good things comes to an end".
    Quicken Bill Pay is an alternative online payment service for users who do not use one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method and would like to be able to schedule online payments and transfers from within Quicken.  The online payment in Quicken is built on the concept of an online payee and supports scheduled and repeating online payments.  

Quicken didn't want to drop Quicken Bill Pay.  The third-party provider Metavante Payment Services decided to end the service.

Quicken Bill Management provides an online bill aggregation service built on the concept of an online biller.  Quick Pay provides a service that enables us to pay these online billers from within Quicken on demand when an online bill has been recieved.  The number of Quick Pay payments is limited monthly and the payments may not be scheduled.  Quick Check provides the ability to have a physical check sent to anyone in the US on demand.  The number of Quick Check sent in a month is limited and they may not be scheduled.

So, we now have additional ways we may pay some bills and send some checks from within Quicken.  Some number of Quicken Bill Pay users may find that Quick Pay and Quick Check are sufficient for their payment needs.  Many other will not.  We have options.
This discussion has been closed.