Why doesn't the online services tab show on one of my student loans?

I have one loan at FedLoan Servicing that does not download transactions. It has no online services tab like the others. What d I do to get this loan to download?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You do not see the Online Services tab because you set this up as a manual loan.  Manual loans are set up for manual entry of transactions only.  I did not see FedLoan Servicing on the FI list which means they do not work with Quicken and because of this you will not be able to download from there directly into Quicken.  So, manual loan is your only option.
    If FedLoan Servicing does permit you to download transactions files from their website in QIF or CSV file formats you might still be able to import them after doing a file conversion process.  I don't know if this will work with manual loans since I haven't tried that but if you are interested in experimenting to see if it does you might want to read the following:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20073470#Comment_20073470(Be sure to back up your Quicken file before you do this so you can recover it should something go wrong.)
    Otherwise, the only other option for you that I know of is to manually enter your transactions.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)
  • Cheri Millisor
    Cheri Millisor Member ✭✭
    But all 5 loans have always downloaded in the past. I accidentally deactivated online services for this one loan and now the online services tab is gone. Its still on all the other loans at Fedloan.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Are you sure the financial institution that you are downloading from is Fedloan?  There is no listing for Fedloan in the Quicken FI list (https://www.intuit.com/content/dam/intuit/intuitcom/partners/documents/financial-institution/icom-partners-ofx-fi-list-quicken-windows.pdf) and when I try to set up a new account with them Quicken doesn't find anything.  The "General" tab of account details for one of your other Fedloan accounts should show the name of the FI in the top right corner.
    But getting back to your missing "Online Services" tab issue:  I haven't heard of this tab simply disappearing before.  Do you have a recent backup file from before you deactivated online services for this account?  If you do, perhaps the quickest way to fix this is to restore that backup file (File>Backup and Restore>Restore from Backup File).
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)