Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

why terminating banking downloads for QW2017?

I have been using Quicken for simple bookkeeping for checking account, credit cards, etc since 1999. I upgraded to Q2017 starter. Now I am being told to change to a membership to continue to use my paid-for software. Why? Seems you are breaking what I paid for. Please explain

Best Answer

Answers

• bobz3275
    bobz3275 Member
    So this is a change in operations from what I had grown accustomed to in past year? Q1999 lasted for a long time before I was forced to upgrade! No I have to subscribe! Boo!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, since you are running Q2017 STARTER - if you do not renew, the Starter version reverts to Read/Only of your data - no manual entry & no online access -
    The Deluxe versions and above will also lose their online access, but the data will continue as normal - Read/Write access -
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    ps56k said:
    Also, since you are running Q2017 STARTER - if you do not renew, the Starter version reverts to Read/Only of your data - no manual entry & no online access -
    The Deluxe versions and above will also lose their online access, but the data will continue as normal - Read/Write access -

The read only limitation with Starter only started with subscription Quicken (unless CDN) when the subscription expires.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.