Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Lets get this straight. Can I schedule bill payments by having quicken pay with a check?

Ever since you have permitted payment of bills through quicken (Bill Pay or otherwise) I have been able to schedule my recurring payments through quicken. These are not just the companies that cooperate with quicken for Bill manager which I have never used since most of the ones you support automatically charge a credit card or my checking account. I currently have bills scheduled through next December and until the end of this month haven't had to worry about them. What do I do now? Again, you had a good thing going. Don't change the program and remove a useful tool without replacing it with something better.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have been using the Quicken Bill Pay service, Metavante Payment Services is terminating their service on May 31, 2020.  If you would like to pay bills from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using one the 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method.

Note: The bill payment functionality of the Quicken Bill Manager is not equivalent to the Quicken Bill Pay or any of the other online payment services available from within Quicken: 
    • Quick Pay is limited to 12 online payments per month
    • Quick Check is limited to 3 check payment per month.
    • Quick Pay and Quick Check payments may not be scheduled. 
    If you're a prior Quicken Bill Pay user, the Quick Check limit may be 6 per month.
    If you've been paying $9.95 per month for Quicken Bill Pay, you may pay $9.95 per month and the Quick Pay limit will be raised to 15 online payments per month and the Quick Check limit will rated to 15 check payments per month.

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • btbuzbtbuz Member ✭✭
    Thank you for clarifying the NEW QUICKEN LIMITATIONS. The Bill Pay service does nothing for me since most of my billing accounts are with institutions that are not on the supported list. Those that are, automatically deduct from my checking account.
    I wish Quicken had made it clear that in order to continue with that functionality we would have to find another third party or work with a bank that supports direct connect. Mine does not although it did in the past. They discontinued that functionality for security reasons.
  • jim2020jim2020 Member
    Yes, what a shame, Quicken says it is improving and then takes big strides back. It has always been a bad product, but now that you can't even schedule payments for a future date in Bill Manager, which you could do in Bill Pay, it becomes even more poor and useless. Microsoft Money was a beautiful product that worked wonderfully and was intuitively. Quicken is not intuitive and has design flaws in every feature it has. It needs to be COMPLETELY redesigned and built. I worked in IT for 35 years, and would be embarrassed of a product like Quicken.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)