Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

Cannot match downloaded transactions with manual entries

Currently using Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 5.15.1 (Build 515.32947.100) macOS 10.15.3. Can no longer "hover" a manual entry transaction over a downloaded one to match as I have in the past.

Answers

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could indicate that the transaction you are trying to match is already matched with another. Try turning on the "Match Status" column to see what's going on.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • tanddhameltanddhamel Member ✭✭
    The "match" is incorrect.
    After reading another post...
    Right click on the incorrect transaction and select "Unmatch Transaction". This should reset to no match. Then drag the downloaded entry onto your manually entered one. Hopefully this will create a new "match".
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I believe in the current version the option is called "Reject automatic transaction match" if the match happened automatically.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
    Not sure this technique worked. When I did the above, the˜Show Inspector" right click option, the "Quicken Name" of the item did not match that of the bank's "Quicken Name". Hmmm
  • jacobsjacobs Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tanddhamel When you view the Transactions Inspector, the Statement Payee in the Front Your Financial Institution section is the payee name your bank is sending, while the Payee in the upper portion is what Quicken is using for the transaction -- which may be exactly the same or something different. Quicken gets its names from any renaming rules you may have, and additionally from a back-end service it runs as transactions are imported to try to clean up payee names (such as changing "AnyTown Bank Brch #1234 ATM3-A" into "AnyTown Bank"). Sometimes those back-end "clean ups" are nonsensical, which is why you can create your own renaming rules. (Ignore the "Quicken Name" field.)
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993