Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Bill Pay Manager - Quick Pay

For paying a credit card bill using Quick Pay, how do I reconcile the Statement to the credit card account?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Quick Pay provides for payment to online billers.  Reconciling a register to a statement is an independent activity.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/reconciling-account-quicken-windows
  • dslepak
    dslepak Member
    Currently using Quicken Bill Pay, I receive a statement from the credit card company, reconcile the statement to the transaction entries in Quicken for that particular credit card and at that point I am asked if I want to make a payment. If I say yes, a credit for the amount being paid is posted to the credit card account and a check entry is created in my checking account. My question here is "Will the Quick Pay within the new Quicken Bill Pay manager function in the same way once the old Quicken Bill Pay goes away?"
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    dslepak said:
    Currently using Quicken Bill Pay, I receive a statement from the credit card company, reconcile the statement to the transaction entries in Quicken for that particular credit card and at that point I am asked if I want to make a payment. If I say yes, a credit for the amount being paid is posted to the credit card account and a check entry is created in my checking account. My question here is "Will the Quick Pay within the new Quicken Bill Pay manager function in the same way once the old Quicken Bill Pay goes away?"
    The short answer is no.  Quick Pay is not equivalent to Quicken Bill Pay.

Quicken Bill Pay is an alternative online payment service for users who do not use one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method and would like to be able to schedule online payments and transfers from within Quicken.

Quicken Bill Management provides online bill aggregation service.  Quick Pay provides a payment service that enables users to pay the online billers from within Quicken.

If you're able to add an online bill for the credit card, the credit card balance and due date should be obtained when you update the online bills and you'll will be able to pay the online bill with Quick Pay if you haven't reached Quick Pay's monthly payment limit.  Note: Quick Pay payments may not be scheduled.

This discussion has been closed.