I can't enter a new charge or a payment in one of my accounts

I can't enter a new charge or a payment in one of my accounts Please help

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The word "can't" suggests that you know how to enter a transaction but something - the program itself, presumably - isn't allowing you to do so.  Is that, in fact, the problem here?  If so, some description of what happens or doesn't happen when you type in the information and hit "Enter" would be helpful.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Version of Quicken (Help->About Quicken), edition and if subscription, subscription status (active or expired)?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • papakile
    papakile Member
    I upgraded Quicken online and now I can't enter transactions on an account that I have used for years.
    Each time I try, the transactions doesn't save but goes back to the date entered.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    papakile said:
    I upgraded Quicken online and now I can't enter transactions on an account that I have used for years.
    Each time I try, the transactions doesn't save but goes back to the date entered.
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    papakile said:

What version, year and feature level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) of Quicken are you using now?
    Before the upgrade, what version, year and feature level were you using?
    What type of an account is this? Checking, Savings, etc.
    Are there any error messages, popups, etc.?
    A little more details would be helpful to get to the bottom of this mystery.