Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

Is there a way to manually match transactions for two different accounts?

I recently upgraded to Mac Deluxe, though this problem has occurred before. I have a transaction where I move money from one account to another (no net change to my net worth) but they are not automatically matched. They look identical, but don't get matched. Is it possible to manually match them? I have never seen an option to "manually match" on a Mac version

Answers

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    what are you trying to match? If it is to downloaded transactions, matching can be done manually by dragging one transaction over another. If you get a Ø symbol, it means the transaction has already been matched to a previous downloaded one.

If you are trying to match in some other way, please clarify.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• heather1blackheather1black Member
    So, Quicken isn't downloading all of my transactions for some reason. This is often one of them. Downloads it to one account but not the other. So I create the transaction in my checking account and I want to match them.

I have never had to merge two transactions that got downloaded normally. This is a situation where I have to create a transaction because it didn't download as it should.

Of course, Quicken randomly didn't download a deposit to my checking account that came from Venmo recently. I also transfer from one checking to another on a weekly basis and one of the transactions regularly does not show up and I have to manually add it.

This is all the same bank. The first issue is from Capital One and the second from UFCU (my local credit union).

(p.s., Thanks for the tips!)
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about your exact experience based on your description. Are you first manually entering a transfer transaction in Quicken and then downloading them and they are not matching, and one account is not even downloading the transaction or are you first downloading the transactions from the FI/bank for each account but the transfer on each side are not being linked together, or something else?

Please break down the exact steps you are following so we can try to see where there might be an issue.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• heather1blackheather1black Member
    I create scheduled transactions in both the account the money is moving out of and the account is moving into. I then download my transactions everyday. What happens is only the account the money is going into shows up with the blue dot, the account it is moving out of does not show with the blue dot. So they aren't connected. Sometimes, though I have set up the transaction as scheduled, it disappears from the account it is going out of.

If it were just my regular back (UFCU) I would assume it is something about the coding when I download from them. But, it happens when I am transferring from one back to another. It never happens with a credit card company.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @heather1black

Thank you for providing more details, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Is the account that receives the money, the transfer to the account connected for transaction download?

If not, the transaction will not receive a blue dot as the transaction is a manual transaction for that account.

If the account is connected it would appear that the transactions are not downloading or are downloading and not matching

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka