Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

CC Account Balance Wrong

I have 2 credit cards I track in Quicken Deluxe 2020 for Mac. One lines up perfectly with what I see when I log into my CC website. The other credit card balance is wrong in Quicken. I have scanned back through the transactions I've downloaded in Quicken for this year and they look right. I'm not sure when this got out of sync. Suggestions?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, Q Mac has a "feature" that can make the Opening Balance transaction turn into something called a Placeholder transaction. Its amount is calculated as the sum of all the transactions + the Online Balance. It's recalculated every time you add new transactions.
    Locate this transaction and, if it's a Placeholder (colored gray, I believe) replace with a corrected transaction ... correct with respect to amount on the date of the transaction. That should stop this problem.
    If that's not the case, get a copy of your monthly card statements. Now look back in time thru the Quicken register and compare the statement's ending balance with the running balance in your register on the statement's ending date. If the amounts are different, go back another month until you find a month where statement and running balance on statement ending date match.
    From here go forward in time and compare each register transaction with its counterpart in the bank statement. Keep looking until you find a missing, duplicate or incorrect transaction in your register and fix it. Repeat this until you have resolved the difference.
This discussion has been closed.