Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Bill Pay - how to copy Payees to Quicken Bill Manager

Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Just thought I would post an anchor for this topic that has come up in other threads -
As shared from forum Admins/Mods -
You can use the copy feature to copy your Bill Pay payees over into Bill Manager: 

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10

Comments

• jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭
    ps56k, I just started using bank bill pay via Chase, rather than Quicken Bill Pay. I saw that you have some experience with this. I have been able to add payees via the Chase web site, which are then added as Payees in Quicken as soon as I update Quicken. From that point on, I can enter the payment transaction in Quicken to pay that payee, and Quicken then sends the instructions to Chase to pay the payee. However, I have not been able to add payees in the other direction. I.e., if I try to add a payee directly in Quicken, and then enter a payment in Quicken to that payee, that instruction never gets to Chase. When I go to update/send payments, I get an error and I never get the lightning bolt (i.e., the online payment never gets sent to Chase).

You seem to be able to add payees in either place, and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. With my former bank (Wells Fargo), I also had bank bill pay, and I would always enter the payee information directly into Quicken. I never went to my bank's web site at all. I don't know why it's not working that way with Chase.

On a related note, is it true that Chase does not charge for this service (where we can make payments directly from Quicken via bank bill pay)? Other banks charge up to $9.95 per month for it.

Thanks very much. I really appreciate all of your helpful commentary.
  • jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭
    ps56k, any thoughts on my question above? I'd love to hear from you if you don't mind. I just can't figure this out and it's driving me crazy. Thanks.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    You can add "online" payees here...
    --> Tools --> Online Payee List --> down at bottom - NEW
    then, for me, using Bill & Income Reminder,
    create a MANUAL bill,
    add the Payee (appears to be case sensitive - ABC vs abc),
    enter all the info,
    select the FROM acct - it is your Chase bill paying acct,
    AND checkmark the box indicating Online Bill Pay .. only appears for Online Bill Pay

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.