Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bank Updated Name, again, One Step Update wants to create a new account?

I have Quicken Deluxe Year: 2020 Version: R25.18 Build: 27.1.25.18 and on Windows 10. My bank did some security upgrades last year, which changed their One Step Update connection and I was able to update the bank name/info. Followed the steps of 'Deactivate' under Online Services and 'Set up Now'. It was able to download with no problems to existing accounts.

My bank has done some new enhancements and one of them is creating a new name with the Quicken Online service. They added '-WC' to the name. So, I follow the steps of 'Deactivate', then click the 'Set up Now...' button, but it wants to create a new Quicken account. I don't want to create a new account, I want to link it to the existing account. Why can I not do this? Or is this some sort of bug? Please help and thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    When you deactivated, did you remove all of the bank's information (name, routing number, account number, etc.) in the top right corner of the General tab of Account Details?  If you didn't, do that and then try "Set up Now."  During the set up process, Quicken should prompt you to select what you want to do with the bank's downloaded information when you should be able to link it to your Quicken bank account.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
  • David Montano
    David Montano Member ✭✭
    Yes, all of my bank information has been deleted from the Account Details -> General tab. The only thing populated is the Account Name.
  • David Montano
    David Montano Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the information. I decided to give myself a couple of days to relax and then go at it.
    Finally got it figured out mostly following the first option. Found out my bank had 2 different names, -WC and -DC. WC apparently is for manually downloading from the Web Connect and DC is direct download from my bank, which I had to authorize. Anyways, that first option pointed me in the right direction by trying to add new account, which when I selected the correct name, then asked if I wanted to link my account. It works now. Thanks for the help!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome.  Thanks for letting me know this worked for you.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.