Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Bill Manager - server did not respond to verification request for the "small amounts" deposit

entering small deposit amounts to verify my two accounts, both return with the error message and I cannot verify. What next?

Answers

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11
    Guessing this is related to the NEW Quicken Bill Manager feature -
    What bank are you attempting to use for the verification ?
    Can you clarify what you are seeing and where and when ?

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • beckettwbeckettw Member ✭✭
    The bank was recognized and the small transactions were sent. I entered them and clicked on the Verify button and instantly a message appears in a box, indicating that the server did not respond. I have a screen print but I don't think I can post that.
    beckettw said:
    . I have a screen print but I don't think I can post that.
    On this forum - I think you can attach a file... like your screen print -
    Look at the icons just above the typing text box -
    Sorry - my bar has all of them,
    as I don't remember exactly what new users are allowed to use

I see no options to attach a screen print, only face symbols.
  • Roy McMorranRoy McMorran Member
    I'm seeing the same thing when trying to verify the new Quick Pay/Check Pay feature.

I enter the correct verification amounts and I get an immediate popup error saying "Server did not respond to verification request". Have retried several times over several days, always get the same error.

I can't add a screen shot to this post either, but there's really no need - it's just that error message.
  • Roy McMorranRoy McMorran Member
    FWIW I just spent 45 minutes or so in the online chat with support. They tried a few things but couldn't resolve it. Suggested I call back during the week and escalate.
    I was on the phone for over an hour and it was not solved. I couldn't stay on the phone anymore and they escalated the call and said they would get back to me with an answer and solution.
  • dburlingtondburlington Member
    I have the same problem. Micro deposits were made but I get the "server did not respond to the verification request".
  • TimothyBTimothyB Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. :s
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator admin
    Hi All,
    Apologies that you're experiencing this error trying to verify your Check Pay accounts--if possible, please go to Help > Report a Problem and submit your log files to help us troubleshoot the issue (please put "Kathryn" somewhere in the subject line).  

After you submit your log files, try this and see if it enables you to verify your Check Pay accounts: go to the Bills tab, then click the gear icon and select Payment Accounts.  Click on the account you're unable to verify, and chose "Disable".  Then, re-add the account for Quick Pay and try to verify the Check Pay account again with the original verification amounts.

It's important to note that if you have requested new verification deposits for Check Pay at any point, that the first two verification deposits are voided, meaning you can no longer use them to verify your account--you'll need to wait for the new deposits to re-verify.

If you try disabling and re-enabling your payment account, please let us know if you were then able to resolve the issue.

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
    A report was already submitted but I will do this again and try the steps you suggest. Thanks!
    I received an error when trying to start the verification process again. I made a screenshot but no way to post that here. I think it said it was having trouble deleting the account.
    I clicked on the Set Up Now option on the Bill Pay for these two accounts and it asks if I want to deactivate them. I clicked yes and completed that process, then went back to the Manager and Enabled and tried to Verify. I received the message I did a screen print of before but wrote down the wording:

Error Verifying account - for Check Pay - could not delete existing account with routing/account number

Both the accounts I want to add did this. Before I had no problem with this step, it was the Verification with the small deposits that gave me an error.
    I should add, that since I first started this process, I have not been able to use Bill Pay to send checks. I am doing them all manually now.
  • lakeprovlakeprov Member
    Same issue here. Been on the phone with support for close to seven hours over the past week. Absolutely no help.
  • Jim HobinJim Hobin Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator admin
    @beckettw Thank you for the log files--we did some updates to your accounts on the server side to remove them; it appears that for some reason, the account was duplicated and caused a conflict.  Please try to add the account again and see what the result is.

Others on this thread, please go to Help > Report a Problem and submit your log files to help us troubleshoot the issue (please put "Kathryn" somewhere in the subject line).

Thanks--
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
    It came up on the Payment accounts as, waiting to Verify, so I clicked disable first and then enabled it. I did this with both accounts and will now wait for the deposits to verify them.
  • David KosterlitzDavid Kosterlitz Member ✭✭
    Over a week ago, I began the process of switching from QBP to QBM, and was then told to expect two micro deposits. I still have not received any. Is this due to the Corona Virus causing work stoppages or slowings at Quicken? If so, will I eventually get them or have they vanished into the black hole? Anyone else have this problem? Also, I think I read that the deadline to switch over has been extended into July, is that correct?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @David Kosterlitz

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

The micro-deposits may take up to 3 days, per the FAQ:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-set-quick-pay-and-check-pay

In regards to the Quicken Bill Pay discontinuation date, this has been moved to August 31, 2020.

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Quicken Bill Pay, no longer works for me anyway. I am setting everything up on auto pay. It has been three days, and I am not seeing the deposits but it is the weekend so maybe they will show up tomorrow.
  • Robert ArmaniRobert Armani Member ✭✭✭
    I disabled and enabled it again, and tried using the same amounts to verify it says the amounts are incorrect. Should I assume they're going to redeposit other amounts?
    I disabled and enabled it again, and tried using the same amounts to verify it says the amounts are incorrect. Should I assume they're going to redeposit other amounts?
    YES - each handshake is unique -

After the reset done my Quicken I requested micro deposits on two of my bank accounts. It took 5 days but they came this morning. I entered the first one and no problem, verified. Entered the second account micro deposits and received the same server error as before.
    I just noticed that the error message I receive when I tried to start the verification process on the account that gave the server error is that it cannot delete existing account with this routing number. The account that worked, has the same routing number. Is your system not able to manage two accounts with the same routing number?
    edited March 27
    beckettw said:
    I just noticed that the error message I receive when I tried to start the verification process on the account that gave the server error is that it cannot delete existing account with this routing number. The account that worked, has the same routing number. Is your system not able to manage two accounts with the same routing number?
    I deactivated the Online Setup & the Online BillPay from the Edit Account Details tab, and reactivated from the beginning. For some reason it worked for me after that.

BTW, make sure you update the FI too.
    FI? My Bill Pay is not active on this account. I deactivated on Bill Manager and then activated but when I try to start verification I received an error message. Last time I had this problem, Quicken had to deactivate on their end for it to allow me to start verification.
    You need to Deactivate your BillPay completely and start all over again. Do not use the Enable feature. For now, they have extended the BillPay until the end of August. However, if you want to switch over you need to set it up from scratch.
    I have one of my accounts set up and working on Bill Manager for Check Pay the other account is disabled on Bill Pay and I am trying to set it up on Bill Manager for Check Pay. I receive a server error when trying to set up verification. When I set up verification before for both accounts (both having the same routing number) I was able to set up verification for both accounts but only one account allowed me to enter the micro deposits for verification. The other account failed and that is where I am now. Tried to start over with that account and cannot proceed.
  • David MuellerDavid Mueller Member ✭✭
    When I try to enter the micro deposits to verify my account, I get the message "Server did not respond to verification request". How do I fix?
This discussion has been closed.