Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How Do I Disable "Previous Synced to the Cloud" Messages?

The subject says it all, it appears every time I open the file. I don't want cloud syncing.
5.png 14.5K

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To prevent the message from appearing, do not restore a backup of a data file that was set up to sync with the Quicken Cloud when it was saved.  

You should be able to disable further Quicken Cloud syncs of the current data file by selecting Edit > Preferences...,  Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts, and Sign in as a different user.  When prompted, sign in using your Quicken ID and Quicken ID password and choose Don't use mobile and web.
  • thompson87
    thompson87 Member ✭✭
    How do I choose "Don't use mobile and web?" When I sign in per Sherlock's suggestion I do not get any prompts that would let me select this.

I'm very annoyed that Quicken seems to have started using the Cloud sync to my data without asking permission. I'm angry that the instructions on the support site for how to disable this do not work. The support site says "If you would like to turn off the Cloud sync from your One Step Update, simply uncheck the box next to Sync to Quicken Cloud in the One Step Update Settings screen." But there is no such box in the One Step Update Settings for me. And while the support site says in several places that I don't have to use Cloud Sync the documentation also says that at least one data file needs to be associated with the cloud account.

I do not want to use mobile or web access. But I'm being prompted to do a cloud sync every time I try to restore from backup, which I do often since I used the same Quicken data file on two different machines. This only started recently and I'm really annoyed.
  • AlaskanRogue
    AlaskanRogue Member ✭✭
    I agree with Thompson, the checkbox doesn't exist.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...  I gather Quicken has changed the interface once again. 

There is a data set in the Cloud for each data file associated with a Quicken ID but, unless we've chosen to sync one or more accounts from a data file to the Quicken Cloud, Quicken should not be syncing any data.

If the data file you restored is configured to use Mobile and Web, I suggest you attempt to limit the accounts you're syncing.  If an account is required, I suggest using a temporary cash account and then deleting the account.

If the data file you restored is not configured to use Mobile and Web, I suggest you create a temporary data file, and delete the other data sets: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

• thompson87
    thompson87 Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If the data file you restored is not configured to use Mobile and Web, I suggest you create a temporary data file, and delete the other data sets: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

I had already thought of that. But when I start trying to delete the cloud dataset for my main file as you suggest I get an "Are you sure" dialog that warns "Do this if you are no longer using this cloud account and are cleaning up old or unwanted Quicken files lined to your Quicken ID." I'm also warned that when I delete the cloud dataset "All connected services like bank account downloads, credit score, bill pay, and bill accounts will have to be re-added if you attempt to use a file associated with this account." Given those warnings I cannot go through with the process you suggest because I use all of those features except mobile and web access. We are talking about an account I use every day, not one that is "old" or "unwanted."

That hardly seems like putting me back where I started before all of this trouble began. All of this started when I clicked on the mobile tab in the Windows desktop version. I was just looking for information about mobile options, but it immediately prompted me to "start now," which I did not do. That's when I started getting messages and long sync delays every time I loaded the file from backup. The file has many accounts and extensive linkages with financial institutions for one step updates.

As far as I know, I never gave Quicken permission to store any of my data in the cloud but it appears that they have done so anyhow. And they threaten to delete all of my data involving any sort of online use if I disassociate a file from the cloud account. This really sucks.
  • AlaskanRogue
    AlaskanRogue Member ✭✭
    Like Thompson, I don't remember signing up to store anything in the cloud or to enable mobile / online access.

One thing to note on my installation, I only encounter the popup if I am changing to the set of books with the issue from another set of books, but not if I am starting QB specifying that set of books.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat. I do NOT want to sync to cloud but it does it anyway and there doesn't appear to be any way to turn it off.
This discussion has been closed.