Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why when I select back to the "Bills & Income" tab it takes 30 seconds to return to a useable state?

Why when I select back to the "Bills & Income" tab it takes 30 seconds to return to a useable state?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited March 2020
    Hello @11jump40

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    After you've performed a file validation and the results appear normal, it's important to note that the data structure of the Quicken file is not cutting edge. The file structure was developed decades ago and while there have been some updates, it still remains inefficient. The lag you notice is not uncommon, but much depends on the hardware the file resides on. I experience the same lag, but only about 7 seconds. Clearly Quicken needs to access and read a different table to provide updated info for billing.
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • 11jump40
    11jump40 Member
    I have uninstalled 2019, same problem 2018 - unistalled and moved back to Quicken Home & Business 2017. No longer a problem.
  • 11jump40
    11jump40 Member
    I don't believe it is a issue with database performance as the interface in 2017 bill reminder page is different than 2018 and 2019