Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Do they REALLY want all of my personal information over unsecured E-MAIL?????

I'm thinking this is a joke. Then I'm wondering if it's a scam. Then I'm thinking....could this actually be real? Are they really SERIOUS????
------------------------------------------------------------
i just received this e-mail in my inbox. This is over an unsecured connection. NOT encrypted. And I have no idea what this e-mail address/domain is, but it's not Quicken or any entity I've ever done business with. There's no encryption key or way for me to securely respond, and at the end of the message they say "please send documentation by the following method" and only give you the option to send an unsecured e-mail back! Do they really just think I'm going to respond and "sure, here's everything you need to steal my identity over an open line". What the heck????? This demonstration of unprofessional-ism alone is enough for me to say I'll pay my bills manually as I certainly WILL NOT be trusting whoever is on the other end of this e-mail with all of my highly confidential personal information!

AND - what hypocrisy! Quicken and Quickbooks MAKES you have a password and lock down your company files just when you have a ccard payment accepted from a customer. Yet, they really want us to send all of our personal information over an open/unencrypted e-mail???? Unbelievable. I'm going to do some research as I think this has got to be a violation of some sort of privacy laws. Anyway, below is the e-mail. Is this for real???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have received your enrollment request. We employ several measures to validate identity and payment method information.

To complete this validation, please provide all the following information:

• Copy of your social security or other proof of your SSN
• Copy of a voided check for each funding account added
• Copy of your most recent home utility bill, we will only accept water, electric or gas bills
• Copy of your Driver’s License/Identification Card or other proof of your date of birth

**Please note: Cancelled checks, starter checks, deposit tickets, computer checks, check receipts, or pre-written checks will not be accepted. The check must be from your bill pay funding account and must match the information you provided in your online registration (the same financial institution, the same routing number, and the same account number as well as your same name and address). One of the names on the account, as shown on the check, must match the name on your driver's license or government ID.

Please send documentation by the following method:

• You can Email us at [email protected]

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Support department at [email protected] or call toll free 877-486-8844. We are here 24/7 to serve your bill payment needs.

Sincerely,

The Quicken Bill Pay Team
---------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still shaking my head!

Comments

• So, I just saw the post about switching to Quicken Bill Manager effective 5/20 so I think I'll wait until then to begin paying my bills through Quicken. Can someone tell me if this new feature will also require users to submit their entire financial identity through insecure transmission such as e-mail? Specifically, I am not at all comfortable (and nobody should be) with giving out my SSN, ESPECIALLY unencrypted and over E-MAIL and would really like to know why that information is required and for what purpose it's being used. How is that number being stored and cared for so that it remains secure once it reaches Intuit databases? Is it being shared with a third party? So many questions. Not safe to be sharing SSNs at all.

Maybe Intuit should just google "Why you should never share your SSN" or even "Why you should never e-mail your SSN" etc. So many good articles are returned. #1 way to have your identity stolen? E-mail your SSN.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the old Quicken Bill Pay - handled by an outside 3rd party company.
    Pretty amazing, in that you can setup an online banking relationship, or apply for a credit card - or even pay your taxes - and not have ANY of those problems or frustrations - I don't know how you can actually run an "online" payment company that way.
    Here is a link for the new Quicken Bill Manager -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.