Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why am I getting a cc 800 error when trying to update accounts from PNC Bank ?

using windows 10, quicken 2018 R25.18. I am always getting a cc 800 error (cannot find accounts) when trying to update accounts from PNC Bank using express web connect. I have tried reset accounts. That works 1 out of 10 times. I always have to deactivate each account and setup again to update accounts, I have run validate and repair., no change. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Best Answers

• Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    yes, i am at account details. The accounts are both checking, savings and visa
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Success. I figured it out. First,I had to deactivate all the PNC express web connect accounts. Then I was able to set them up all up as direct connect by linking them all to existing accounts. Thanks everyone

Answers

• Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    I am not given that option when i go to online services under edit account details
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seems odd...  Are you in the "Online Services" tab within "Account Details"?

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    yes, i am at account details. The accounts are both checking, savings and visa
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    There is no change connection option available under online setup
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jim,

I would assume that you've already seen this guidance (based on your first posting above), but did you do all the items on the list in the order they are presented?  Also specifically have you performed the step at the very bottom (Step 2 Third part)?
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800

If so, my only other suggestion would be to contact customer support by going to the links at the bottom of this page https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Still don't understand the express web connect issue...

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Success. I figured it out. First,I had to deactivate all the PNC express web connect accounts. Then I was able to set them up all up as direct connect by linking them all to existing accounts. Thanks everyone
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    success was short lived. As GeoffG (super user) stated in earlier post. Unable to download transactions for visa using direct connect. Had to use express web connect for visa account only.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jim,

So, are you still getting the CC-800 error, or have the steps you've taken fixed that?

Frankx

• Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    Frankx, I am no longer getting cc-800 error. I switched all accounts to direct connect originally. All transactions downloaded for savings, checking accounts except for the visa account. Visa account does not error. It shows same time as on other accounts that downloaded at same time. It just does not download transactions. Previous post from GeoffG stated that visa cannot be direct connect. I switched it back to express web connect by itself, and it seems to be working normally now. I will settle for that
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be aware that for whatever reason, not all CC transactions will download. I download daily and a small percentage of transactions are AWOL. Simply identify the item and manually enter it.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • > @GeoffG said:
    > Be aware that for whatever reason, not all CC transactions will download. I download daily and a small percentage of transactions are AWOL. Simply identify the item and manually enter it.

This is very unfortunate. I've been researching this and found a post from early 2018 - you actually replied on that one too. Looks like this has been an issue for about 3 years - seems like Quicken won't be fixing.

I bank with PNC and recently opened a credit card. Just as you stated, every time I sync the CC account, random transactions simply don't pull through. Spent hours on the phone with support that ended up causing me many more hours of work. If this has known to not work for years now, perhaps they should inform their support team.

Such a waste of time. Guess I won't be renewing Quicken later this year.
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    I spoke to soon again. I am once again getting the cc-800 error for my express web connect visa account. I have dealt with support in the past. I am not dealing with them again. Once a week, i will deactivate then setup account to download transactions. Thankfully my other 3 direct connect PNC accounts are working fine. Its not a big deal because i always manually enter all transactions. I just download to clear them. Less stress than spending hours with support to get nowhere. Thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.